Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
June 22, 2022 at 10:51 am

oliverB-50

I have some translation problems with WPML and Elementor

1. There is some links that are translated, but don't update on the "live" website

2. And there is a Footer element that has a translated version, but doesn't show up

June 22, 2022 at 12:45 pm
June 22, 2022 at 6:51 pm
June 22, 2022 at 9:34 pm #11523923

oliverB-50

Hi Subash,

that is great news that the homepage works again properly - thank you!!
I started the migration process to Cloudways.

Best,

Oliver

June 23, 2022 at 7:23 am #11526451

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the updates.

Is the migration done yet? Please let me know once migration is finished completely and you can replicate the issue on the test site.

Regards,
Subash

June 23, 2022 at 8:21 am #11527013

oliverB-50

Hi Subash! Yes, the transfer is done 🙂

One question please regarding the live site: some parts (the reference and blog module) had disappeared somehow. Is that normal? And now that I added it again to the German site, it doesn't show in the English site.

I hope you have a pretty good day!

Best,

Oliver

June 23, 2022 at 9:48 am #11528057

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the updates.

However, it looks like the test site is completely broken. Can you please re-migrate the live site to the test site and then set up the plugins and licenses so that the issues in the live site can be seen on the test site.

I can then test translating the footer and other templates and troubleshoot further on why the translated templates and pages are missing certain elements.

Regards,
Subash

June 23, 2022 at 9:41 pm #11533447

oliverB-50

Hi Subash, thank you for your reply. Oh yeah that looks weird!
For that to migrate it again I need to run the plugin again, right?
Best,
Oliver

June 24, 2022 at 6:44 am #11535885

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

Yes, to migrate the site again you run the migration plugin and process again as I explained in my previous reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-have-some-translation-problems-with-wpml-and-elementor/#post-11523419

Please let me know once the site is re-migrated then set up the plugins and licenses so that the issues in the live site can be seen on the test site.

Regards,
Subash

June 27, 2022 at 2:09 pm #11552165

oliverB-50

Hi Subash, now the site is properly migrated. Plus Elementor Pro is activated 🙂
Best, Oly

June 27, 2022 at 3:54 pm #11553233

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the details.

After Further looking into the issue I found that the issue of some elements missing from the footer and other templates is not because of WPML.

I see they are hidden because you have some custom CSS on the site hiding those elements. The CSS is there in both the primary and secondary languages of the site. To see that CSS please view the source code of the page and then search for "lang(en)" you will see a lot of elements are hidden with " display: none;" there as shown on the screenshot attached.

I tried checking pages and options to find where the CSS is coming from but I couldn't find it, probably because of my limited knowledge of Elementor. Please contact your site developer to see why those elements are hidden with CSS and ask them to unhide those elements or remove that CSS. For further assistance and to see where that CSS are coming from I recommend you contact Elementor support and they might be able to help you find where the CSS is coming from.

Regards,
Subash

view-source_https___wordpress-214261-2709897.cloud.png
June 29, 2022 at 1:10 pm #11568071

oliverB-50

Hi Subash, thank you for looking into it! Best regards, Oliver

hidden link

June 29, 2022 at 2:51 pm #11569277

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

I am glad to know that the issue with the footer is also solved now.

For the References and News issue, I followed the following workflow and that seems to fix the issue:

- Go to Pages
- Switch to the secondary language from the top admin bar
- Delete the homepage with the issue and also delete it from the trash
- Switch back to the primary language and translate the Homepage again.

Please let me know if all issues with the Homepage and footer are fixed now.

Regards,
Subash

June 29, 2022 at 5:45 pm #11570521

oliverB-50

hidden link

June 30, 2022 at 8:17 am #11573255

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for creating the view with your queries.

Since you don't have the " When deleting a post, delete translations as well" option enabled at WPML -> Settings -> Posts and pages synchronization, deleting the page should not remove the page from other languages.

Once you delete the page in the secondary language please also make sure to click on Trash and delete the page from trash too. Then only translate the page. Since the missing sections are now there on your live site homepage translation the process is no longer required though.

Also, sometimes the Homepage might get unassigned from Settings -> Reading so please switch to the primary language, go to the settings, select the page as the homepage and save the settings.

Please make sure to back up the site completely to prevent any issues.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.