Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - - 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
February 18, 2024 at 10:01 am #15314653

oldrichH

I need to exclude all image titles from ate. I dont want to translate image titles at all.

February 18, 2024 at 10:14 am #15314669

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I asked to see if it is possible to exclude image title from Avia Gallery when using ATE and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Thank you.

February 18, 2024 at 11:42 am #15314907

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Please make sure that you have the latest version of WPML, then please do as follows:

- Go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation
- Disable the "Translate media library texts with posts" options.
- Click the save button.
- Go to the page that you used the media in.
- Do a change there and update the translation and it should work.

Thanks.

February 20, 2024 at 8:30 am #15320889

oldrichH

Thank you! I've got it. But...

We really have a lot of images on our website. While we don't need to translate the Names, some images have Captions, and we would need to translate those. I'm concerned that finding the necessary images for translating Captions will be very laborious in media translation. Do I understand correctly that if I turn off "Translate media library texts with posts," everything will be handled in Media translations?

The only optimal solution would be if we could set which image metadata we want to translate. I've already contributed the idea that in post translation, only records that are not empty are displayed, and it really works with Captions, but I've already written that translating the Title is utterly useless. The Title is not used anywhere in WP and has no effect on SEO.

Therefore, I would like to propose the implementation of this feature, so that the Title does not appear in post translations, and those who want to translate it could do so in media translation. It would make absolute sense, don't you think?

February 21, 2024 at 1:21 pm #15328171

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is not possible at the moment.

But for that, you are welcome to ask about this as a feature request here:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/feature-request/

In our implementation for the Automatic Translation, the image title should be included, so for sure it will not be possible to remove that in Advanced Translation Editor.

Please instead of that framing, add the need to have an option to have the title in ATE or not. That will be a better solution, so if the customer does not want to have the title in ATE then he can have an option in WPML > Settings.

So for now there is no such a feature.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] I need to exclude all image titles from ate’ is closed to new replies.