Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alirezaS-3 16 hours, 5 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 4:35 pm #16221935

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Thank You for the video. It looks all correct. Can you please provide me with a Duplicator copy of your site? So I can repeat your step locally and compare it with a Sandbox using your files.

Thank You!

Best Regards,
Marcel

September 26, 2024 at 11:17 am #16224694

Marcel
Supporter

Hi again,

I rechecked the video and noticed that "_wpml_import_source_language_code" meta field didn't appear during the field mapping process in the default WooCommerce importer. Please see the attached screenshot.

Since you are creating custom CSV files, please ensure that all the columns required for the WPML Export and Import are in the CSV file. You can follow this guide to make sure that the CSV file is correctly configured.

Does this work for you?

Best Regards,
Marcel

source-language.PNG
September 27, 2024 at 6:37 am #16228221

alirezaS-3 Site owner

You wrote:

I rechecked the video and noticed that "_wpml_import_source_language_code" meta field didn't appear during the field mapping process in the default WooCommerce importer. Please see the attached screenshot.

Since you are creating custom CSV files, please ensure that all the columns required for the WPML Export and Import are in the CSV file. You can follow this guide to make sure that the CSV file is correctly configured.

----

I have added _wpml_import_source_language_code but still the same result. After import of EN (the 2nd import), all the DE texts are 'overwritten'. Running the WPML Export und Import does not make any change.

2024-09-27_08-26-35.jpg
September 27, 2024 at 1:20 pm #16230024

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please provide access to a staging environment for further testing? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could upload your import files to the server.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marcel

September 28, 2024 at 11:25 am #16231934

alirezaS-3 Site owner

I don't see the private box. Please enable.