Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where translations completed using WPML were not updating or going live on their website, despite showing as 100% completed. The client followed the standard WPML translation management workflow and took several troubleshooting steps, such as clearing the WPML cache, disabling other plugins, checking theme compatibility, increasing PHP memory limit, and checking theme settings, but the issue persisted.

Solution:
We recommended that the client enable the WP debug log to identify any fatal errors that might be occurring when the system attempts to deliver the translations. The client should follow the documentation on how to enable WP debug. Additionally, we asked for screenshots of the ATE log from WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor > Error logs.

Upon further investigation, we identified that the issue was related to database user permissions. The SQL queries required to update the translations could not run due to permission restrictions. We advised the client to contact their hosting support to fix the database user permissions and then attempt to translate the content again.

If you're experiencing a similar issue, we recommend you try the steps outlined above. However, please note that the solution might be irrelevant due to it being outdated or not applicable to your case. If the problem persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 23, 2024 at 11:36 pm #15339659

Orhan Erkut

Dear WPML Support Team,

What I am trying to do:
I am working to translate content from Turkish to English on my website, which uses the Enfold theme (version 5.6.10) and WPML plugin (version 4.6.9). My goal is to seamlessly publish these translations, ensuring that my English-speaking audience can access the content.

Documentation Followed:
I have been following the standard WPML translation management workflow as outlined in the WPML user guides and tutorials. I have not deviated from these documented processes, ensuring adherence to best practices for translation management within WPML.

Similar Example:
Unfortunately, I do not have a direct example to share. However, the process I am following is quite standard for users translating content with WPML. It involves translating the content to 100% completion and then attempting to publish these translations.

Issue Faced:
Despite successfully completing translations and clicking the "complete" button, the translated pages do not update or go live. This issue persists even after the translations show as 100% completed.

Steps Taken to Resolve the Issue:

Clear WPML Cache: I navigated to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and used the "Clear cache" option, but this did not resolve the issue.
Disable Other Plugins: I temporarily deactivated other plugins, especially caching and optimization plugins, to check for conflicts, but the problem remained.
Check Enfold Compatibility: I reviewed Enfold's documentation and forums for any known issues with WPML 4.6.9 and found no leads. My theme is up to date.
Increase PHP Memory Limit: I increased the PHP memory limit to 256M by adding define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); to my wp-config.php file, ensuring sufficient memory for operations.
Check Theme Settings: I have explored Enfold's settings for any options that might affect translation output or multilingual support, with no relevant settings identified.
Despite these efforts, the issue of translations not updating or publishing persists. I am seeking guidance on any further steps I can take or any settings that I may have overlooked. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You can watch the issue from the link of the screen recording:
hidden link

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 02.34.41.png
February 26, 2024 at 5:20 am #15342134

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

I see some pages in the menu are translated into English and published as well, see the attached screenshot. Is the issue resolved? Or does it occur with a specific page/post?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Orhan Erkut and Formula 1 • Orhan Erkut 2024-02-26 12-18-50.jpg
February 26, 2024 at 6:27 am #15342263

Orhan Erkut

Dear WPML Support Team,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the issue I am experiencing has not been resolved. I appreciate your checking the translated pages, but the problem persists with specific content, particularly recent translations that do not go live upon completion.

For clarification, I referenced a YouTube video in my initial query showcasing the issue. Despite some pages being translated and appearing as completed, new translations, especially lengthy ones, fail to publish. For instance, I encountered this problem with a detailed blog post (link below), which did not go live even after the translation reached 100% completion:

hidden link

Furthermore, when I attempted to update an already translated and published page, the new changes did not reflect online despite the translation status showing as complete:

hidden link

These incidents lead me to believe there might be an underlying issue with how translations are processed or published within your system, specifically affecting lengthy or updated content.

Could you please investigate this matter further? Your assistance is crucial for ensuring that my website remains accessible and up-to-date for all users.

Thank you for your time and support.

February 26, 2024 at 7:07 am #15342315

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I understand the issue. I see the translation is completed but not delivered to your site. There could be an error on your site when our system attempts to deliver the translation.
Please enable WP debug log, translate the post again and check the error log if there is a fatal error then share it with me. If you don't know how to enable WP debug, please follow the documentation https://developer.wordpress.org/advanced-administration/debug/debug-wordpress/

Also, please share some screenshots of the ATE log in WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor > Error logs.

Thanks

February 26, 2024 at 7:30 am #15342408

Orhan Erkut

Hello again,

I tried to reach to translation page but couldn't.
Please watch the video on this link:
hidden link

I'm pasting all these texts from debug mode below and adding a screenshot from the page you mentioned (it has no error message) into this message. Please do remove the errors I pasted below if not necessary.

WordPress database error: [ALTER command denied to user 'orhan_oecom'@'localhost' for table `orhan_oecom`.`wp_icl_string_translations`]
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_string_translations ADD INDEX `status` ( `status` )

WordPress database error: [ALTER command denied to user 'orhan_oecom'@'localhost' for table `orhan_oecom`.`wp_icl_strings`]
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_strings ADD INDEX `string_package_id` ( `string_package_id` )

WordPress database error: [ALTER command denied to user 'orhan_oecom'@'localhost' for table `orhan_oecom`.`wp_icl_strings`]
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_strings MODIFY COLUMN `value` LONGTEXT NOT NULL;

WordPress database error: [ALTER command denied to user 'orhan_oecom'@'localhost' for table `orhan_oecom`.`wp_icl_string_translations`]
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_string_translations MODIFY COLUMN `value` LONGTEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL, MODIFY COLUMN `mo_string` LONGTEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL;

WordPress veri tabanı sorunu: [Unknown column 'jobs.ate_sync_count' in 'field list']
SELECT jobs.rid, jobs.job_id as jobId, jobs.editor_job_id as ateJobId, jobs.automatic , translation_status.status, translation_status.review_status, jobs.ate_sync_count > 100 as isLongstanding FROM wp_icl_translate_job as jobs INNER JOIN wp_icl_translation_status translation_status ON translation_status.rid = jobs.rid INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations translations ON translation_status.translation_id = translations.translation_id INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations parent_translations ON translations.trid = parent_translations.trid AND parent_translations.source_language_code IS NULL LEFT JOIN wp_posts posts ON parent_translations.element_id = posts.ID WHERE jobs.job_id IN ( SELECT MAX(job_id) FROM wp_icl_translate_job GROUP BY rid ) AND jobs.editor = 'ate' AND ( translation_status.status IN (1,2,40) OR 1=0 ) AND translations.language_code IN ('en','tr') AND translations.source_language_code IS NOT NULL AND ( posts.post_status IS NULL OR posts.post_status <> 'trash' )

WordPress veri tabanı sorunu: [Unknown column 'jobs.ate_sync_count' in 'field list']
SELECT jobs.rid, jobs.job_id as jobId, jobs.editor_job_id as ateJobId, jobs.automatic , translation_status.status, translation_status.review_status, jobs.ate_sync_count > 100 as isLongstanding FROM wp_icl_translate_job as jobs INNER JOIN wp_icl_translation_status translation_status ON translation_status.rid = jobs.rid INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations translations ON translation_status.translation_id = translations.translation_id INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations parent_translations ON translations.trid = parent_translations.trid AND parent_translations.source_language_code IS NULL LEFT JOIN wp_posts posts ON parent_translations.element_id = posts.ID WHERE jobs.job_id IN ( SELECT MAX(job_id) FROM wp_icl_translate_job GROUP BY rid ) AND jobs.editor = 'ate' AND ( translation_status.status IN (30) OR translation_status.review_status IN ( 'NEEDS_REVIEW','EDITING' ) ) AND translations.language_code IN ('en','tr') AND translations.source_language_code IS NOT NULL AND ( posts.post_status IS NULL OR posts.post_status <> 'trash' )

SELECT jobs.rid, jobs.job_id as jobId, jobs.editor_job_id as ateJobId, jobs.automatic , translation_status.status, translation_status.review_status, jobs.ate_sync_count > 100 as isLongstanding FROM wp_icl_translate_job as jobs INNER JOIN wp_icl_translation_status translation_status ON translation_status.rid = jobs.rid INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations translations ON translation_status.translation_id = translations.translation_id INNER JOIN wp_icl_translations parent_translations ON translations.trid = parent_translations.trid AND parent_translations.source_language_code IS NULL LEFT JOIN wp_posts posts ON parent_translations.element_id = posts.ID WHERE jobs.job_id IN ( SELECT MAX(job_id) FROM wp_icl_translate_job GROUP BY rid ) AND jobs.editor = 'ate' AND ( translation_status.status IN (1,2,40) OR 1=0 ) AND translations.language_code IN ('en','tr') AND translations.source_language_code IS NOT NULL AND ( posts.post_status IS NULL OR posts.post_status <> 'trash' )

WordPress veri tabanı sorunu: [Unknown column 'priority' in 'field list']
INSERT INTO wp_actionscheduler_actions ( `hook`, `status`, `scheduled_date_gmt`, `scheduled_date_local`, `schedule`, `group_id`, `priority`, `args` ) SELECT 'action_scheduler/migration_hook', 'pending', '2024-02-26 07:27:40', '2024-02-26 07:27:40', 'O:30:\"ActionScheduler_SimpleSchedule\":2:{s:22:\"\0*\0scheduled_timestamp\";i:1708932460;s:41:\"\0ActionScheduler_SimpleSchedule\0timestamp\";i:1708932460;}', 1, 10, '[]' FROM DUAL WHERE ( SELECT NULL FROM DUAL ) IS NULL

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1850) in /home/orhan/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1431

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1850) in /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7049

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1850) in /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1435

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1850) in /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1438

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/orhan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1850) in /home/orhan/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.29.27.png
February 26, 2024 at 8:06 am #15342551

Orhan Erkut

I did not do anything but it is resolved after two days. What can be happened?

February 26, 2024 at 8:09 am #15342578

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

There is an issue with the permission of your database user, the SQL query cannot run in the database:

I suggest contacting your hosting support to fix the permission of your user in the database and translate the content again.

Thanks

Orhan Erkut confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-26 08:28:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.