Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Changing the language on the mobile menu changes to the wrong language

Solution:
Edited the Elementor Header Template and configured the "Display Conditions" to "Entire Site"

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by duarteN-2 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 10, 2022 at 3:45 pm #11191235

duarteN-2

Hi,

We are having issues with our menus. We have a hamburger menu that includes a elementor template with the lang switcher at the bottom.

When we change the language the menu on mobile changes to the wrong language. On incognito the menu has the same problem

Could you please help me understand what could be going on.

[credentials removed]

thx,
Duarte Neto

May 10, 2022 at 4:28 pm #11191551

duarteN-2

On other thing when your logged off the BackOffice (you have to disable the maintenance page) the meu doesn't change on the pc as well.

May 11, 2022 at 4:53 am #11194509

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your Website on my mobile phone and switching the language using the "Language Switcher" in the burger menu works fine as shown in this video recording hidden link .

But, this is what I've done before checking, I disabled the "Maintenance Mode" and cleared your "CloudFlare CDN Cache". I think it's the cache issue you're facing and could you please check again on your mobile?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

May 11, 2022 at 7:06 am #11194975

duarteN-2

Hi Kor,

But if you try on you mobile (by disabling the maintenance page) the menu changes to the wrong language.

Duarte

May 12, 2022 at 4:29 am #11204021

duarteN-2

Hi Kor,
Your video show exactly the problem.

The languages don't change on the menu, content does but not the menus.

If case you change to Russian or Portuguese the menu stays in English.

May 12, 2022 at 4:40 am #11204051

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I see the issue too and I'm investigating it. I'll come back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Kor

May 12, 2022 at 5:19 am #11204121

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and it looks like the menu works fine when you're logged in. But when you log out, it doesn't work and I can replicate it on desktop too.

Could you please temporarily disable CDN and Cache on your Website? Or clear CDN cache? I've tried clearing the CDN cache on your Website but it doesn't seem to clear it. Could you clear it directly on Cloudflare and see if it works?

Let me know how it goes and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Kor

May 12, 2022 at 7:19 am #11204777

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Sorry for the multiple responses. Here is a screen recording of the cache-related issue after logging out. hidden link .

Have you checked on your end? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

May 12, 2022 at 11:06 pm #11212075

duarteN-2

Hello again Kor,

I have disabled the cache. Problems subsists, but I have realized that the menu stays the same but is translated (kind on...just a few elements).

As you can see here:
hidden link

Could this have anything to do with the menu sync? I have them manualy translated but i see it onpening jyyst the portuguese one.

Thx again for your help... I need it bad 🙂

Duarte

May 16, 2022 at 3:44 am #11225801

Kor
Supporter

Hi Duarte,

Thanks for your patience.

I've configured the "Display Conditions" for your header template and it seems to work fine now. I can see the correct menu on mobile and desktop. Here is the link to the header template hidden link

Could you please check on your end to confirm? The attached screenshot is where I configured it.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.42.22 AM.png
May 16, 2022 at 4:08 pm #11231435

duarteN-2

Hi Kor,

Thx for all your help. Looks like its solved.

have a good one
Duarte Neto

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.