Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by itlapalma.com 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 27, 2022 at 8:55 am #12129461

itlapalma.com

I have two sites where I try to do the same thing. Site A and site B. Both are build with the same add-ons and both are multilingual so on bot I use WPML. Site A works fine. I imported all blogs from the old WordPress site. Site A is on hidden link.

Then I tried the same on site B. The only difference is that the blog comes from a wordpress.com site, but that is not the problem. I also tried to import the importfile from site A and that gives the same result.

I imported 5 blogs on site B. The front side works fine at hidden link But the backside at hidden link does not work anymore after the import.

I selected a standard template and disabled ALL plugins except the WPML plugins. When I also disable those, the import works fine. So it look to me it has something to do with WPML.

Because I cannot reach the backside anymore I cannot give the debug info from the site but I provided the debug info from the original site this copy site is based on.

I enabled the WP debug in the options file. What do you need more from me?

September 27, 2022 at 11:01 am #12130527

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you

1. Clarification
1.1 If you manually deactivate our plugins from the filesystem level, can you then access your dashboard on Site B?

1.2. What tool did you use to import the blog posts?

1.3 Are both sites hosted on the same server?

2.Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

September 27, 2022 at 11:55 am #12131195

Yvette
Supporter

Last thing: Do I have your permission to temporarily install a database tool to take a look at our tables to check their integrity?

I will not be changing or updating anything.

After this I will remove the tool.

September 27, 2022 at 11:57 am #12131203

Yvette
Supporter

I can see that there is a conflict in one of our tables.

Please take a backup of your site. If I have your permission, I will be using the database plugin (if I manage to activate it on cloudways) to correct the issue.

Please communicate your permission as well as you having made the site backup.

September 27, 2022 at 11:58 am #12131207

itlapalma.com

Yes, this is a copy of the original site so you can do what you want. The only thing is that when you have the solution it all has to be done on the original site too.

September 28, 2022 at 6:56 am #12137591

itlapalma.com

Is there any news to give?

September 28, 2022 at 9:58 am #12138965

Yvette
Supporter

I am having trouble establishing the FTP connection so I cannot manually deactivate WPML CMS. Could you please do this for me or check if there is something else I need to be able to establish an FTP connection?

But I can tell you what I believe happened. The PHP error you see here:

element_id and type do not match for element_id:65 the database contains tax_ml-slider while this function was called with tax_nav_menu 

is essentially saying that there are two different wordpress objects that are attempting to use the same number. One is a slider and the other a menu. Both are taxonomies.

This can happen when importing a site without completely removing a previous install of WPML. So the translation tables are still pointing to non-existant objects from a previous install.

This can be fixed by removing icl_translations entries that are not corresponding to any entry in wp-posts or taxonomies tables.

I wait for your signal to attempt to connect to your dashboard once the WPML plugins are deactivated.

Thanks

September 28, 2022 at 10:16 am #12139233

itlapalma.com

And if you solved it can you give me a short manual how to do it myself? So I can do the same on the live site and if one of my other sites ever has the same problem I can solve it too.

September 28, 2022 at 12:31 pm #12140773

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

It's not advisable to put set steps here as the process depends on whether you are dealing with a taxonomy clash or a post type clash.

In general though, as I said previously, the steps are:
- identify the element-id that is causing the system to crash
- remove that element-id from the icl_translations table (might need to be done iteratively until you are able to activate the plugin fully)
- run the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Clean up > Remove ghost entries from translation tables

The site looks ok now - I was able to activate all plugins and the normal theme.

September 28, 2022 at 12:41 pm #12140891

itlapalma.com

Yes! It works. I did another import and all works fine.

But as I told you this is a copy of the live site to test the importing of the blog.

What do you need from me to do the same on the live site? I just took a backup so the site is ready for you.

September 28, 2022 at 1:36 pm #12141367

Yvette
Supporter

Does the site that you are importing into already have WPML installed?

If so, run the cleanup tool I mentioned before importing. This may help.

September 28, 2022 at 1:53 pm #12141629

itlapalma.com

Yes because the site we solved the problem on was a copy of that site. The only thing I did not do on the live site is the import of the blog. So I will try the cleanup tool first tomorrow and do a testimport of the blog and let you know if that helped.

September 28, 2022 at 8:35 pm #12144461

Yvette
Supporter

OK - will be waiting for you news. If all works, you can close the ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.