Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
August 9, 2023 at 3:15 pm #14177093

Václav

Hello,
as soon as I enable language switcher for a menu, the menu disappears completely. Once I disable it, the menu appears again: hidden link

I'm using latest version of WPML and WP.

Any idea how to fix this?

August 11, 2023 at 6:20 am #14185943

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Can you please let me know if the issue started after some changes or updates? Or did it start randomly?

It sounds like the issue could be due to interference from third-party plugins/code/theme.

Will it be possible for you to set up a test/staging site so as to prevent any issues or data loss on the main site? Then test by deactivating all plugins, and activating a default theme, and if the issue gets resolved activate the original theme and plugins one at a time to see which one starts the issue.

If the issue persists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to make a copy of the site with plugins like Duplicator and deploy it in my local machine to test the issue further.

Regards,
Subash

The topic ‘[Closed] Navigation menu disappears with language switcher’ is closed to new replies.