Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dolocE 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 24, 2022 at 9:14 am #11288473

dolocE

I have a set of custom fields (ACF) that are set to "copy" in WPML settings.
I did the translation of them before setting them to copy, now I just want to use the fields from secondary language to main language.

Context: in English(seconday language) I have color attribute that works fine, I want to bring the color hex (saved in an ACF field) to the Romanian one (main language).

May 24, 2022 at 3:50 pm #11295043

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

The way our plugin works is to synchronise field values FROM the source language of an element (post, page, custom field) TO the secondary languages. Note that the source language does not have to be the site default language - it is the language that you created the element in.

You are now asking how to sync field values FROM the secondary language TO the source language. Is this correct?

The short answer is that cannot be easily done.

I would have to take a closer look at your case and this would require backend access and a concrete example that I can pick apart.

Can you provide this?
How many custom fields are you needing to do this for?

I am not sure if it is possible but I can take a look.

May 25, 2022 at 7:27 am #11300235

dolocE

Hello Yvette,

I already have the syncing of the field set, if I go and re-save the taxonomy it will sync the meta properly, the only issue is that I want to do this in bulk, not 1 by 1.

Is there a way to do this?

p.s. if still needed I can provide a staging access, but I need it for production.

May 25, 2022 at 11:05 am #11303385

Yvette
Supporter

Taxonomy? I thought we were talking about custom fields. No?

For custom fields, you can always update the assoicated post type in bulk by using the Bulk Update option from the source language post type admin listing. Select all post types, use bulk edit, and then "Update" without doing any changes. This should trigger our filters to sync custom fields on update of the **source language** product/post type.

Just try out a few post types as a test.

Remember that we will sync FROM the source language TO the target language and never the reverse direction.

Does this answer your question?

Products ‹ Sandbox — WordPress.png
May 25, 2022 at 11:17 am #11303719

dolocE

yes, but I don't have bulk options for taxonomies 🙁
anyways, I've started opening and hitting the update button for each, everything works fine now, was hoping for a bulk solution.

p.s. the ACF field is attached to color attribute (products)

May 25, 2022 at 11:22 am #11303789

Yvette
Supporter

Ohhh. OK.

No, unfortuantely I know of no bulk-edit options for Taxonomies.

So, does this mean you have an effective if albeit tedious solution?

May 25, 2022 at 11:42 am #11304071

dolocE

Yes, that would be right! Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.