Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 18, 2023 at 11:37 am #13495065

kevinB-5

I am trying to: have blog posts with a certain category

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (we placed the item with the problem in concept for now)

I expected to see: only the selected category

Instead, I got: I also see the 'no category' from my second language, with no way of removing this category

Image 1: in the overview of posts (in the base language, Dutch) you see the 'no category' category attached to two posts, it shouldn't be there.

Image 2: if we look at the available categories for those posts, the 'no category' category isn't available to select/deselect.

mxblue-1.png
mxblue-2.png
April 19, 2023 at 6:50 am #13501853

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Please follow some troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps.

1. Increase WP memory limit: I see that the WordPress Memory Limit is below the requirements. The minimum requirements are 128M, but we do recommend 256M and the debug information of your site shows it set to 64M. Please check this link for more details
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.
You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

After adding the code you can confirm that the memory was changed correctly from WPML > Support > WordPress > Memory limit.

2. Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on some buttons below
- [Products, Variations] Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Set language information
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment for translations
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 19, 2023 at 7:47 am #13502229

kevinB-5

The problem is only partly resolved, I guess.

Two things still happen:
- The standard category that we've set for our posts is 'Blog'. But this category isn't added to posts, for some reason.
> At that point, the English 'No category' category is added. Which shouldn't be available, because we're in the Dutch environment
>> When looking at the Taxonomy Translation, I see something weird: the language of the 'No category' category is English. But that should be Dutch, because we started of with Dutch and later added the English translation.

I guess something is going wrong there. I've included a screenshot to show the Taxonomy Translation screen.

Hopefully you can help me out!

Taxonomievertaling-‹-MxBlue-—-WordPress.png
April 19, 2023 at 9:22 am #13503319

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is an issue with the default category "Uncategorized" in the English language. I've reported it to my development team.

Regarding the second issue with the default category of a post, please go to the admin area > Settings > Writing > Set the default category in the Dutch language. Then you can create a new post and publish it without selecting a category to see how it works.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] "no category" translation displayed in original language’ is closed to new replies.