Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Number appears in footer widget language switcher

Solution:
Not a WPML problem, but theme style was overriding some CSS, see https://wpml.org/forums/topic/number-appears-in-footer-widget-language-switcher/#post-11919831 for details.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by karynT 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 23, 2022 at 10:52 pm #11916125

karynT

In adding the language switcher into the footer area widget, I seem to be getting a number 3 added to it randomly. I can't seem to find where this number is coming from. See the attached screenshot.

link to site: hidden link

Screenshot 2022-08-23 184907.jpg
August 24, 2022 at 9:49 am #11919831

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Looks like that is coming from your CSS which is overwriting an icon (.../wp-content/themes/curly/assets/css/modules.min.css?ver=6.0.1). Please see the attached screenshot. You simply need to either remove the "content" property or overwrite in your custom style sheet (i.e. in theme customizer options):

.widget_icl_lang_sel_widget .wpml-ls-legacy-dropdown .wpml-ls-item-toggle:after, .widget_icl_lang_sel_widget .wpml-ls-legacy-dropdown-click .wpml-ls-item-toggle:after {
    content: '';
}

Regards.

lang-switcher.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.