Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by oliverB-50 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 3, 2022 at 9:50 am #11381657

oliverB-50

Hi!

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I was translating a page, and somehow it got disconnected from the translation. Now I want to get back to the usual WPML translation editor but can't. The original language is German, the again to be translated language English: I'll show it here in the following video:
hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

June 3, 2022 at 10:18 am #11382011

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

You should click on the "Translate Independently" button on the bottom right.

This will then allow you to translate as you would normally expect.
It appears that you created this post as a wpml "duplicate" of the source language. That little box is reminding you of this and confirming that you want to now translate it independently instead of having it synced with the source language.

Does this answer your concern?

June 5, 2022 at 1:33 pm #11390639

oliverB-50

Hola Yvette! Thank you for your reply. I clicked on the "translate independently" button, but still can't get to the advanced view of the WPML translation editor (the one with the left to right layout). Here's how it looks like currently: hidden link

June 6, 2022 at 8:24 am #11393573

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Check your settings here: WPML > Settings > Translation Editor

What are your setting there?

2. What happens if you send that document through translation using the WPML > Translation Management > Dashboard. (send to basket, assign to you, then go to Transaltions queue for your userid).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.