Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
January 17, 2023 at 9:02 pm #12837625

John

I am trying to: add new posts with the correct language of categories.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A - issue occurs in the post editor.

I expected to see: Categories displayed in the language of the post I'm editing.

Instead, I got: Categories in the secondary language.

Steps to recreate the bug:
—Create blank WordPress install (tested in 6.1.1)
—Install WPML, String Translation and Media Translation (latest versions as of Jan 17, 2023)
—Setup WPML with a secondary language of French, with "A different domain per language" setting and setup subdomain for the secondary language.
—Enable "Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains"
—Update permalinks
—Important: sign-in from the login page of the secondary language. eg. fr.domain.com/wp-login.php
—Add a new post. The default language (English) is used for the post, but the Categories and Tags for French are shown (see screenshot).

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 15.53.10.png
January 18, 2023 at 10:37 am #12841657

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Can you please let me know if the category is translated completely? In some cases, we recommend login from the default/main domain to edit and create the translation with WPML translation editor to avoid CORS blocking issue.
I'm trying to reproduce the issue on my end and I will update you here once I have any information.

Regards.

January 18, 2023 at 2:47 pm #12843919

John

Hi there,

Yes the categories are translated completely—in my test case, the English category is "Test Category EN" and the French is "Test Category FR". Screenshot attached.

The issue arose because a client of ours has multiple editors and translators logging into the site, some of whom use the main domain login page, while others use the secondary. We have informed them that they should try to use the main domain, but because of the large number of editors it is likely some will be in the habit of using the secondary domain.

Thanks for looking into this!

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 09.43.44.png
January 19, 2023 at 8:05 am #12848251

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I can reproduce the issue on my end and I'm discussing this with my 2nd tier support. I will get back to you when I have something new to share.

Meanwhile, you can follow the workaround on the ticket below to use some custom code to allow login to the admin area from the default domain only.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-pro-license-mismatch-when-using-multiple-domains/page/2/#post-12680037

Regards.

January 19, 2023 at 2:58 pm #12852037

John

OK great, thanks for the update. I believe we're running on nginx servers in production so we'll have to figure out something other than htaccess rules for the redirects, but that is something I'll look into.

January 27, 2023 at 2:37 am #12901297

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The auto sign-in feature is only for front-end, not for the backend. WP dashboard should be run on the default domain. Can you please let me know how you can login to the WP dashboard from the second domain? By default, if you try to login to the dashboard with the second domain fr.domain.com/wp-login.php, it will redirect to the default domain domain.com/wp-login.php

You can also check with the testing site that I provide in the private reply below, let me know if you can replicate the issue there.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Post Editor Displays Incorrect Language Categories’ is closed to new replies.