Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Need to find the Divi Search Results page string Results for "%1$s" in order to translate it.

Solution:
This is a Theme Builder string under the et_builder domain that.

I was able to get the string to show up under WPML -> String Translation by scanning the theme for translatable strings. You can do this in the future by following these steps:

To scan for and register theme strings:

- Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization
- Scroll down to the Strings in the themes section
- Find Divi and check the box next to it
- Click the Scan selected themes for strings button

To translate the string:

- Go to WPML -> String Translation
- Search for the string using the search and filter options
- The correct string to translate in this case found under the et_builder Domain
- Click on translations next to the string to provide your translations
- Check the box next to Translation is complete
- Click the Save button

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 7:49 am #4816919

jose-mariaG-11

Hi,

I am using DIVI "Post/Archive Title" to display the search title in a template for searches. Everything works correctly but the text "Results for %s" is shown in English, but in WPML I have the Spanish language active. DIVI automatically takes it from wordpress.
I have done with WPML the search for the string but I can't find this string "Results for %s" in order to translate it.
What can I do to translate it?

Look at the screenshots.

Regards,
Jose A.

results1.png
results0.png
October 25, 2019 at 9:29 am #4825561

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a quick look at a fresh copy of Divi and I see that the default "Search Results" strings for it are "Search results for %s" rather than "Results for %s". I was able to find this string by searching in WPML -> String Translation.

To investigate your issue further, I will require temporary access to your website.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

October 25, 2019 at 10:25 am #4826033

jose-mariaG-11

Please, when you finish reviewing the website, tell me to activate iThemes Security again.
Thank you Izzi.

October 25, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4827269

jose-mariaG-11

Any progress with this problem?

October 25, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4827583

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Sorry about the slow response. We have a larger than normal number of support requests at the moment. However, I do have good news!

If you look at hidden link , you can see that the string is now translated properly.

I was able to get the string to show up under WPML -> String Translation by scanning the theme for translatable strings. You can do this in the future by following these steps:

- Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization
- Scroll down to the Strings in the themes section
- Find Divi and check the box next to it
- Click the Scan selected themes for strings button

To translate the string:

- Go to WPML -> String Translation
- Search for "Results for"
- The correct string to translate is found under the et_builder Domain
- Click on translations next to the string to provide your translations
- Check the box next to Translation is complete
- Click the Save button

I've attached some screenshots in case there is any confusion. Please do let us know if this helps you resolve your issue, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance with this topic!

Divi Search Results String.PNG
Divi Scan Theme.PNG
October 25, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4828009

jose-mariaG-11

Fabulous Izzi.
It works perfectly.
Thank you very much for your help.

October 25, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4829453

Izzi Hassan

You're very welcome Jose!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.