Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 10, 2022 at 1:31 am #11836639

healthC

remove product category translation

August 10, 2022 at 2:42 am #11836995

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

In order to delete product category translations please go to Products > Categories.

Here set the language filter for the language content in which you would like to delete the categories. You can also use the top admin bar language switcher for this purpose.

Then mark the categories and delete them.

Best regards
Andreas

August 10, 2022 at 3:26 am #11837121

healthC

because we found that in UAT, if we delete it one by one, please find the attached picture of the problem. So we would like to remove it from database. So which field of content we can sort out and remove?

problem.JPG
August 10, 2022 at 3:35 am #11837161

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can not advise deleting content directly from the database, as it could lead to unexpected behavior and results.

Please delete the category from the backend, at the same place, where you create and administrate product categories.

Once you are on the category list page you can switch the language using the language switcher inside the top admin bar.

About your screenshot and last message. I am sorry, but I do not really understand you.

Is this screenshot from a menu?

If so, you can sync the menus at WPML > WP Menus Sync right after the unexpected content
was deleted.

Best regards
Andreas

August 10, 2022 at 3:46 am #11837207

healthC

I am a programmer, you just let me know which field of content I can sort out the product category translation in simplified Chinese in the database. I will then handle the left by myself and I will bare the responsibility for any disaster damages. Thanks.

August 10, 2022 at 4:00 am #11837261

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Well, WordPress saves categories in the table wp_terms and wp_termeta:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Database_Description

Then you would further need to check for the table icl_translations which connects those terms between languages, but you need to know the ID of the category that you would like to delete. It would be on the table the same as the element_id on this table.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.