Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
My sites default language is english. The pages have been translated into Japanese. Even though the pages been translated into Japanese. Even in the translation editor the original source says Japanese but paragraphs and such are still in English.

Solution:
the Japanese Language for this page is "not fully translated" from the English Language and is "not correctly saved".

1. Fully translate the page from English to Japanese using the "Advanced Translation Editor"

2. Then, send the translation to your agency to translate from Japanese to Korean using the "Advanced Translation Editor"

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maxineE-2 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 21, 2022 at 7:29 pm #11513427

maxineE-2

My sites default language is english. The pages have been translated into Japanese. An agency is looking to translate those pages from Japanese to Korean yet when in translation the Yoast SEO is in Japanese but not the core guttenberg fields like headings and paragraphs are staying in english. Even though the pages been translated into Japanese. Even in the translation editor the original source says Japanese but paragraphs and such are still in English. Am I missing something to get these fields into Japanese during translation? The agencies language pair is JA -> Korean

June 22, 2022 at 4:46 am #11515709

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your Website and it looks like you've disabled the Korean Language and I cannot see the issue you had there.

Could you elaborate a little bit more about the issue and include some screenshots? I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

June 23, 2022 at 9:30 am #11527897

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue you had there when I logged in using the agency's account as shown in the attached screenshot(jap-korea.png). I've switched to the "Advanced Translation Editor" to check further.

Upon checking I noticed that the Japanese Language for this page is "not fully translated" from the English Language and is "not correctly saved".

Let's try using the "Advanced Translation Editor" and see if it works correctly.

1. Fully translate the page from English to Japanese hidden link using the "Advanced Translation Editor" here hidden link

2. Then, send the translation to your agency to translate from Japanese to Korean using the "Advanced Translation Editor"

Could you try the above method and see if it works?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

jap-korea.png
June 24, 2022 at 8:46 pm #11540441

maxineE-2

Thank you Kor that fixed it. However the concern is in the future. What if all of our, for example, home pages are totally different from each other intentionally. If our default language, english, adds some new content. How do we continue to translate secondary lang -> secondary lang if we don't want that new english content on the other pages?

June 27, 2022 at 2:37 pm #11552431

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

You should be able to translate from your secondary lang(jp) to -> secondary lang(kr) without issues now. The problem you had earlier is you do not have content in your secondary lang(jp) and you cannot translate into secondary lang(kr) without content.

If the primary language(en) is not required for a page, you can set a secondary language(jp/kr) page as the primary language following the method here hidden link . Then, you'll be able to translate a secondary language(jp/kr) to another secondary language(jp/kr) and vice versa without issues ignoring the primary language(en) page.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Kor

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.