Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.35 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 22, 2022 at 3:35 pm

robinV-14

I've a problem with a search function on the website: hidden link.

F.e. when I search for "wieviel" on the german website and I hit the search button then it shows me the default English website.

Allready tried this:

1) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format
2) Choose *Different languages in directories* option
3) Save the changes
4) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
5) Resave the settings
6) Clear all types of caches

And this:

- Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality
- Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

The website is running on Divi theme.

August 22, 2022 at 4:26 pm
August 23, 2022 at 9:33 am #11910523

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please update the active plugins and the theme? After that, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS and Divi plugins.
2- Clear the site's cache and check the issue.

If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

If the issue persists in the minimal environment, I need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

Add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

August 23, 2022 at 9:50 am #11910725

robinV-14

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I already tested the steps yesterday with your collegua Lauren. She also made a back-up of the website, so you should have it already.

Greetings,

August 23, 2022 at 11:03 am #11911545

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I've installed a local copy of your site and found that the default Divi search module works correctly while the "Search Posts - Divi Machine" module doesn't.

In order to test this on your site, I've created a test page, and I get the same result. Could you please check this page and confirm that the default Divi search works correctly? (hidden link)

It seems like a compatibility issue between WPML and Divi Machine, so kindly login to this sandbox site and try to reproduce the issue. (hidden link)

If the issue is replicable, please let me know the steps to reproduce it. After that, I'll consult our compatibility team and escalate the issue if needed.

Regards,
Osama

August 23, 2022 at 12:42 pm #11912295

robinV-14

Hi Osama,

Thanks for your reply. To replicate the issue I need to setup the whole FAQ environment again. Is this mandatory to find the issue? Because I also believe that we need to find it in the Divi Machine Search method.

August 23, 2022 at 12:56 pm #11912435

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Would you please check this page and let me know if that is the same issue on your site? (hidden link)

Regards,
Osama

August 23, 2022 at 1:05 pm #11912525

robinV-14

Hi Osama,

Yes, same issue, the left one (default WP search) is working as it should be. The right one is not and shows the wrong language result page.

August 23, 2022 at 1:08 pm #11912689

robinV-14

Hi Osama, can make this ticket a private one please? The URL should not be online.

August 23, 2022 at 1:13 pm #11912713

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for confirming that it's the same issue. On the left is the default WP/Divi search, and on the right is the "Search Posts - Divi Machine" module.

I'll consult our compatibility team and update you as soon as I get their reply.

2) The URLs are private when you are not the ticket author or a support member. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Thanks for your patience

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
August 23, 2022 at 1:22 pm #11912775

robinV-14

Thanks Osama, keep me posted!

August 25, 2022 at 6:21 pm #11931377

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I've just received our 2nd tier supporters' reply, and they have found a workaround by the following steps:

1- Edit the (/wp-content/plugins/divi-machine/includes/modules/SearchPosts/SearchPosts.php) file at line 282
2- Replace the following line

$post_link = get_site_url();

With

$post_link = get_home_url();

3- Clear the site's cache and check the issue

If the above steps fix the issue, please contact "Divi Machine" support and let them know our findings.

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Serach not working in Divi’ is closed to new replies.