Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
January 12, 2023 at 9:32 pm #12809279

Cedric

Hi,
I use WooCommerce + Elementor + WPML. I created a Elementor product template and assigned it to a product tag. Note : the template is a copy of another template.
First, I translated the template : first surprise, WPML asked me to translate some elements that don't exist anymore in the template... weird
Then I translated the products that will be associated with the template. WPML asked me to translate attributes... but normally attributes have been already translated using taxonomy translation... weird...
And finally when I go to the frontend, the products don't show up or their variations are missing (depending if I translate the variations or not). But if I am connected as an admin, they show up... weird...
I tried not to translate the products : the products show up in the english website (but with french words) but for one of them, variations are missing (and not in the french version)... weird...

So, I must admit that I am a little bit confused as it is the first time that I have this issue...

Any help will be greatly appreciated !
Best Regards,
Cedric

January 13, 2023 at 7:12 am #12811051

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support, I'd be happy to help you further on this issue.

Can you provide me with a few product page links where I can see the issue?

Also, I would like to check your site settings once so, To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me with those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

January 16, 2023 at 12:12 pm #12826525

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I see the product is not translated properly, hidden link

Can you complete the translations and see if it helps?

Thanks

January 16, 2023 at 2:04 pm #12827323

Cedric

Hi,
Thank you for taking time to help me.

I completed the translation of the following product :
hidden link

The translation : hidden link

The weird thing is that it seems to work when we are logged in as an admin but when we are not logged in or logged in as a customer the product appears with no variations (and by the way out of stock) and does not show up in its category...

January 17, 2023 at 5:14 am #12830927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, I see the issue, If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding with anything (Always a good practice!).

Thanks

January 18, 2023 at 9:19 pm #12846313

Cedric

Hi,
Following your advice, it seems that it is the following plugin suite that causes the issue :
WooCommerce Wholesale Prices
WooCommerce Wholesale Prices Premium
WooCommerce Wholesale Lead Capture
WooCommerce Wholesale Order Form

When deactived (and cache cleared), the product translation show up with its variations
When activated, the product translation can't be found in its categories and when it is called directly from its url, its variations are missing.

January 19, 2023 at 4:32 am #12847695

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I see the plugins are enabled again and the product is showing variations again, so is the issue fixed? can you confirm?
hidden link

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Some translated products don't show up or their variations are missing’ is closed to new replies.