Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
August 23, 2023 at 2:29 am #14274411

eugenioV-2

Here are updated examples of my issue, saving takes a very long time, updating translation takes a very long time, and translated page styles are completely broken worse.

hidden link

August 23, 2023 at 2:43 am #14274441

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Eugenio,

Here is the new ticket. Checking on our server, I see the job to translate the homepage is completed and delivered to your site completely and also do not see the style issue on the homepage right now.

Is the issue resolved or do you restore the site back? If it isn't resolved, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 24, 2023 at 3:23 am #14281201

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I can update the homepage translation via Advanced Translation Editor as well. Now you can see the homepage in the English language displays the same style as in the Spanish language.

The only thing I see is when I click update the homepage in Spanish, it takes some minutes to update. I'm trying to create a backup file of your site and restore it on my local site and investigate the issue further. I will update you on the previous ticket about that.

Also, I see the Rest API is disabled, please check the status in WPML > Support > WordPress section. You can try to enable a minimal environment as below and see if it helps:
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

If it does not help, I suggest you contact your hosting support and ask them to enable Rest API on your site.

Thanks

August 24, 2023 at 5:12 pm #14287429

eugenioV-2

I have changed my design and elements used because styling kept breaking. Thanks for reviewing.

Why is it important to have the Rest API enabled?

August 24, 2023 at 5:23 pm #14287447

eugenioV-2

And how can I make a page that is already translated translate again or force a complete update?

August 26, 2023 at 4:57 am #14294095

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

For some of its functionality, WPML relies on the WordPress REST API. If the WordPress REST API is disabled, WPML will not be able to perform some of the communication with translation services or Advanced Translation Editor. Refer to the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/support/rest-api-dependencies/
But accessing the URL to test the Rest API hidden link, I see it still returns value so it could be a false positive status.

how can I make a page that is already translated translate again or force a complete update?

You can make a small change to the page title/content > Save changes > Update the translation.

If you see the translation in the English language is broken, please share some screenshots about that and the page URL. I will help you to check this.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Long loading times, wrong translation sites and broken styles’ is closed to new replies.