Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 60 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 19, 2022 at 9:06 am

ondrejd-2

- widget errors, disabled Gutenberg (solved)
- unable to create custom language files while define( 'ICL_DONT_LOAD_LANGUAGES_JS', true ); is set
- menus were broken after disabling the English language (solved)
- custom header menu is not translating
- customer suspects DB issues after running the latest updates

July 19, 2022 at 1:45 pm
July 19, 2022 at 2:46 pm #11694585

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As you can see on the screenshot also when using Duplicator I a not able to create a package.

The developer console shows various 500 errors.

I also got the following error here:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: syntax error, unexpected ''depth'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')'
in /data/b/5/b5091d4c-ac7a-48ac-b7fb-fa447f4597f6/svetstromcekov.sk/web/wp-content/themes/svetstromcekov/functions.php on line 85

I need access to a staging site in order to troubleshoot the issues of the site please leave me a short message on this ticket, once the above-mentioned theme error has been solved and I will try again creating a site package.

Take note, that in this case access to a staging could really save time.

Best regards
Andreas

July 19, 2022 at 4:40 pm #11695247

ondrejd-2

Hi there. This error is a result of adding the ID to the menu. I forgot to remove it. Now it should be fine and everything should work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

July 21, 2022 at 7:07 am #11706899

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am writing you to let you know that I am still handling this issue and I need some more time for troubleshooting and debugging.

I hope for your understanding and will be in contact with you tomorrow.

Best regards
Andreas

July 22, 2022 at 4:17 am #11716071

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Issue:
Switch admin language changes backend strings

(Take note that we only handle on issue per ticket and I can offer to split further topics into new tickets for you)

Please take note that I was able to see the issue on the copy of your site but after troubleshooting the issue it is not occuring anymore.

Troubleshooting the issue sadly took very long, and I apologize for that, it was only that the site was running not very well on localhost and activating and deactiviating plugins often took various minutes on my test.

- At least a few of the mu-plugins showed various errors which for I disabled this plugin folder

- The W3 Cache Plugin showed an error on your site copy. I had to disable the plugin and remove the related files (advanced-cache.php, db.php).

- Further errors were found in regards to the Filesystem Debug Helper Plugin.
"Trying to access array offset on value of type bool"

- And there is an error in your child theme's functions.php file:
"Function register_sidebar was called incorrectly."

- Product XML Feeds for WooCommerce Pro
The plugin also shows various errors related to "Undefined variable".

I then tested the site only with WPML and could not see any issues with the backend strings.

Then I tried to enable all plugins again in smaller groups, in order to identify which plugins is causing the issue, and at some point the site was not longer responsive. I will continue debugging later after having taken a fresh restart of my system.

I would suggest you enable WP Debug on your site and revise the above mentioned issues in order to verify if one of those could be linked to the problem.

Also:
- Clear the site cache and object cache
- Run all available plugin updates

I will get back to you later.

Best regards
Andreas

July 22, 2022 at 10:19 am #11718157

ondrejd-2

At least a few of the mu-plugins showed various errors which for I disabled this plugin folder
- this is out of the question, many of those plugins are crucial. Also I am pretty sure none of them caused this because they don't mess with languages usually. However I will try to disable them one by one to see if any of them is related to the issue.

The W3 Cache Plugin showed an error on your site copy. I had to disable the plugin and remove the related files (advanced-cache.php, db.php)
- I did the same. Disabled all the caches, removed the plugin and associated files and folders. No change.

Further errors were found in regards to the Filesystem Debug Helper Plugin.
"Trying to access array offset on value of type bool"

- this plugin is not in use and it has been removed. No change.

And there is an error in your child theme's functions.php file:
"Function register_sidebar was called incorrectly."

- this error has been fixed, the sidebar is now called correctly. No change.

Product XML Feeds for WooCommerce Pro
The plugin also shows various errors related to "Undefined variable".

- I couldn't find any errors. Where did you found them? Can you be more specific?

July 22, 2022 at 10:52 am #11718511

ondrejd-2

I also checked if the error I fixed in the header sidebar definition helped the issue with the header main menu. No change. The menu is synced but it still shows in default language on all domains.

July 22, 2022 at 10:55 pm #11722375

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

At this point, I will make a new copy of the site and continue with a new test.

In fact, the issue does not occur when I test only with WPML plugins, but somehow I was not able to able to determine yet, which component is causing the issue.

I hope for your understanding and thank you for your patience also please take note, that I am doing this voluntarily, and I am not obligated to run that troubleshooting for you, as I believe that you would be more than capable to run those tests yourself on a staging site or on localhost.

Please do not understand me wrong. I am not mentioning this as a complaint, but to ask for your understanding for the delay in handling this issue, as I have quite many clients to attend each day, which for it is really not possible for me to take more than average 30 minutes of time with each ticket per day.

Best regards
Andreas

July 23, 2022 at 10:50 am #11724079

ondrejd-2

I willl wait. No worries. I invested a lot of time into it myself. I wouldn't contact you if it was something I could have fixed easily.

July 23, 2022 at 10:53 am #11724083

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am trying for almost 12 hours to take a copy of your site and it simply will not work out.

The package creation runs, no errors on the console, network tab looks fine, but the process of the package creation at some point does not proceed.

I tried it various times already - please feel free to try it yourself and let me know if you were able to create the package with "All In One WP Migration".

Sidenote, regarding your opinion about the plugin on chat:
There should not be any issue with using this plugin, as I used it daily and it works perfectly - even better than Duplicator. I am asking for using it, as it is the only plugin for which I have access to premium features (bigger import packages) in their latest available version.

If you will also not have succeeded in creating the package, and in order to save time, please set up a staging or clone of your site on which I can troubleshoot the issue without affecting your live site and provide me admin access.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

July 23, 2022 at 11:22 am #11724125

ondrejd-2

Ok, let's try it. I will put everything on sub-domain. Can you please give me some instructions on how to create this package and move it to that folder? I never used All in one WP migration.

July 23, 2022 at 7:26 pm #11724829

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I use "All In One WP Migration" only for Localhost installs, as there are easier methods to create a staging.

I would suggest you use this plugin for the staging setup:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/

Its free version will create a staging site (clone) inside a subdirectory of the website.

Please make sure first that the server has enough capacity to create this copy.

If you would like me to assist you in creating this staging by using this free plugin, please let me know or please leave me a short message in this ticket once the staging is created.

Best regards
Andreas

July 26, 2022 at 12:16 am #11736739

ondrejd-2

Hi there. I am working on setting up the staging environment for you as we discussed. I will inform you once it is done.

July 26, 2022 at 4:33 pm #11744353

ondrejd-2

Ok. First of all. The plugin you suggested creates the staging inside web root. Unacceptable. If I want to create it on subdomain it needs the pro license. How idiotic. Like there is some other reason for prohibiting the folder selection than trying to make more money. Also there is one thing that concerns me the most. We are using WPML in multi domain setup. How can you even try to move it when the domains won't match? Is there some kind of setting that will protect the actual live website? The database is full of links to those domains and in order to move it properly and protect the live site we need to change all of those. Otherwise it will be a huge mess.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.