Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by oldrichH 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 1, 2022 at 10:13 am #12347937

oldrichH

I am trying to: Switch source language of strings, export them to PO and import them back translated. Following: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in the WPML String Translation backend

I expected to see:
Drop down menu offering me to import translations from Czech to English
List of languages in PO file is not updated after switching source language,

Instead, I got: Drop down menu offers me to import translations from Czech to Czech, not to English. Its because I had switched source language from English to Czech. Refreshing did not help.

I don't need help, just reporting next issue.

Image 2022 10 01 001.png
November 2, 2022 at 2:22 am #12351253

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for reporting this, I have updated our team.

As you mentioned you don't need help, I assume we can close the ticket, otherwise please let me know if further assistance is required or if you would like to wait for an update from our team once this has been reviewed.

November 2, 2022 at 9:35 am #12355109

oldrichH

My issue is not resolved, I have inserted CZ>EN string translation manually, because it was only 14 items. I will check it next time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.