Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Taxonomy Hierarchy Synchronization not working
Solution:
Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on [Post or post type] Synchronize posts taxonomies

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.12 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ruiP 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
January 27, 2023 at 3:40 am #12901551

ruiP

Hi. I am translating this website to portuguese and chinese and when adding a translation the custom taxonomies translations are not automatically added. They are all created but it doesn't check them automatically. I have a custom post type that has 3 custom taxonomies and none of them are automatically added.

On WPML > Taxonomy Translation > Hierarchy Synchronization it says "The taxonomy hierarchy is already synchronized."

What should I do? There are a lot to associate.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.39.45 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.39.22 AM.png
January 27, 2023 at 7:16 am #12902017

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support forum.
Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Please go to WPML > Settings and make sure "Copy taxonomy to translations" is turned on.

If this is on then please let me know which translation method you are using. Are you using a Translation editor or Manual translation?

Also, please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks

January 27, 2023 at 8:14 am #12902167

ruiP

It's on. I believe it's manual translations.

January 27, 2023 at 8:55 am #12902385

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

I do not see that issue on my demo site, can you please follow some troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps?

1. Enable a minimal environment:
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress

2. Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on some buttons
- [Post or post type] Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment for translations
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

January 27, 2023 at 9:03 am #12902411

ruiP

I cannot switch to a standart there or switch off plugins since it's a production site.

January 27, 2023 at 9:09 am #12902467

ruiP

The sync in troubleshooting worked. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.