Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by heidiS-6 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 12, 2023 at 7:20 pm

heidiS-6

Our ACF configuration used to have totally separate field groups for English and Spanish. Sometime, presuambly around the 2.0 upgrade, the Spanish field groups appeared under the English section when browsing field groups.

When editing English posts now, fields appear for both languages. Only what is entered in the second occurence of the field is saved. This is leading to a lot of confusion and lost content.

We have tried deleting the duplicate fields, but they still appear in the editor.

May 12, 2023 at 7:39 pm
May 12, 2023 at 7:40 pm #13639235

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the ticket and I will perform thorough check on it and will come back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Kor

May 15, 2023 at 10:58 am #13647143

Kor
Supporter

hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry, we would need a site snapshot to continue with the troubleshooting. Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks!

Kor

May 15, 2023 at 6:40 pm
May 16, 2023 at 4:16 pm #13658135

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I can't seem to import the duplicator copy of the site. Could you upload the site to a staging URL so that I could check on it?

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

May 16, 2023 at 5:42 pm
May 16, 2023 at 6:35 pm #13659107

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've corrected the "Reading" > "Posts page" option here hidden link in the Spanish language (using the admin bar language switcher) and it's fixed now. Please check

Thanks!

Kor

May 16, 2023 at 7:06 pm #13659283

heidiS-6

Excellent. Thank you so much. I think we're all set now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.