Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
December 8, 2022 at 10:03 am #12613647

peterV-47

I am trying to: Fix footer. I am using 2 languages on my website. SK is default which I translate to PL. Problem is that translated footer in PL is visible on SK version, also in templates. SK version of footer completely disappeared..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: SK footer in SK version and PL footer in PL version of the website

Instead, I got: PL footer in both versions - hidden link

December 12, 2022 at 6:58 am #12631845

peterV-47

Can anyone form WPML team reply please?

December 12, 2022 at 7:43 am #12632043

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply due to a higher workload. I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.
❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience

Regards,
Osama

December 12, 2022 at 2:17 pm #12635615

peterV-47

I did put folder instead of folder, so please use 10221 as port and host is just hidden link

December 12, 2022 at 3:19 pm #12636083

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I couldn't login to the dashboard because of the password and got the following message.

(INSECURE PASSWORD: Your login attempt has been blocked because the password you are using exists on lists of passwords leaked in data breaches. Attackers use such lists to break into sites and install malicious code. Please reset your password to reactivate your account. Learn More)

Would you please change the password and share the access details?

Thanks,
Osama

December 12, 2022 at 3:47 pm #12636345

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) I got an error message while logging in. (ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?)

Kindly make sure of the access details.

2) Could you please create a new test SK footer template and translate it to check if the issue is replicable?

Best regards,
Osama

December 13, 2022 at 1:43 pm #12642841

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the password. I've checked the SK footer to see if there are revisions to fix the issue, but I couldn't find them, so please edit the SK footer using Elementor and add the correct content. (hidden link)

After that, please translate it using the WPML editor to check if the issue will be fixed.

❌ Please backup your website after the first step ❌

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated footer template in default language’ is closed to new replies.