Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 37 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
March 30, 2023 at 9:17 am #13365031

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,

I would be happy to forward this issue to the developer if I'm unable to find the root cause of the issue. I inspected the issue again on your staging site and this time did the investigation in a minimal environment. Which means-

- Switched to Parent Theme
- Disabled all the plugins except for the WPML and its addons.

In the minimal environment, I followed all the instructions you shared through the video. I made changes multiple times on the default page but the changes didn't appear on the translated page at all. The translated page didn't get overwritten until changes are made there.

Please check this video(hidden link) for a better understanding. It is a bit long video as I tried to capture the entire process there.

You can also check on your staging environment in that way. If everything starts to work properly, then start activating the plugin one by one and closely monitor the issue by making changes in the default language. In this way, you will be able to identify any conflicting plugins and pinpoint the one that is causing the problem.

Please let me know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you till we are able to solve the issue.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 30, 2023 at 9:37 am #13365213

walter-arielM

Hello,

Please forward this issue to the developer. This is an issue on your side. Doing this testing for each plugin deactivation is massive work and it is quite clear that the page is reverting the translation mode with each page update. The developer will find the right way to debug this.

Let me know.

March 30, 2023 at 12:17 pm #13367189

walter-arielM

Hello,

I did what you asked to do. I deactivated ALL plugins except the WPML plugins and Woocommerce which is needed for the Flatsome theme.

Then I did a test and the issue PERSIST. Take look a this 1 minute video: hidden link

I sent you Admin user and FTP credentials for the site: hidden link
This site is a sandbox, you can do whatever you need to fix this issue.

Do the tests in this page: hidden link

Let me know. Thanks.

March 31, 2023 at 10:37 am #13374797

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions didn't work for you. But, don't worry. We will try our best to solve the issue for you.

Please be informed that I have forwarded this matter to the 2nd tier team for further investigation. But, in the meantime, I also did some testing. I created a new page to check if the issue is happening on the "inici" page or other pages as well.

I activated all plugins first and updated the WPML plugin as well. Then I placed the banner and heading widget on the new page and checked by changing content in default language multiple times but I'm unable to trace the issue in the new page. The contents are showing properly. Kindly check this video I made while testing on a new page: hidden link

here is the page where I did the testings- hidden link

So, there must be something on that page which is causing the issue. We will keep investigating to find the root cause. As soon as I have more updates on this matter, I will surely let you know.

I appreciate your continued patience and kind cooperation in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

March 31, 2023 at 7:20 pm #13378525

walter-arielM

Hi,

I have got this error message. I guess you are doing your tests.

Error type E_ERROR line 34 of file /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:11551 the database contains post_post while this function was called with post_attachment in /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:34
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1528): WPML_Set_Language->set('11551', 'post_attachment', NULL, 'ca', NULL, true)
#1 /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(2173): SitePress->set_element_language_details('11551', 'post_attachment', NULL, 'ca')
#2 /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(2143): TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_post(Object(stdClass))
#3 /usr/home/t15/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.

March 31, 2023 at 8:34 pm #13378745

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

Yes, the tests are going on. The issue is consistent on that specific page only, not on any other page.

However, May I know how you've found those error logs? Because these errors are not visible in the debug log of the staging site or anywhere on the site.

I also have tried to find the Post that belongs to the `element_id` (11551) mentioned on the error log but it returns nothing.

Kindly let us know the steps you have taken to trace it. This may expedite our testing procedure.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 1, 2023 at 8:06 am #13380493

walter-arielM

Hello,

I got the error by email. WordPress sends an automatically notification when a fatal error happens.

Let me know if you need something else.
Walter

April 1, 2023 at 4:38 pm #13381619

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Walter,

After conducting a thorough investigation, I identified the root cause of the problem. The 5th banner on the slider (Screenshot: hidden link) in the default language contains a link and strangely, that appears to be the source of the issue. When I removed the link, the content in the secondary language remained intact and was not getting overwritten.

Kindly check this video(hidden link) that I made during testing so that you can get a better understanding.

Since the issue gets fixed on the staging site by removing the link, would you please check by doing the same?

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to assist you if further assistance is required.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 2, 2023 at 11:45 am #13384093

walter-arielM

Hello Prosenjit,

I did my test in theses pages hidden link and hidden link and the issue persists.

I deleted all links for all the "banners" as you told me to do. You can check it here: hidden link

I think this could be related to the page 'Revisions'. Maybe wpml is synchronizing the revisions, what do you think?

Let me know.
Thanks.
Walter.

April 2, 2023 at 12:13 pm #13384223

walter-arielM

Hello,

One thing is sure: this issue ONLY happens when you change something (image, height, etc.) in the "Banner" element.

April 2, 2023 at 5:10 pm #13384937

walter-arielM

Another thing to keep in mind: this page is set to be the homepage of the site. Take a look at the capture.

Reading Settings ‹ Vandalic Van — WordPress 🔊 2023-04-02 19-08-35.jpg
April 2, 2023 at 5:37 pm #13385031

walter-arielM

2- Another thing that I just noticed: I just did a test and everything seems to be fine.
Then I did a pause, leave these 4 pages opened in my browser for 10 minutes and did a test again and in this time the issue was back again.

1) hidden link
2) hidden link
3) hidden link
4) hidden link

There is a change that the issue might be related to the WordPress auto save draft. I will add this line: in wp-config.php

define( 'AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL', 60*60*60*24*365 ); // To set autosave interval to 1x per year

April 3, 2023 at 5:10 am #13386793

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Walter,
Thanks for all the updates and your kind cooperation in this matter.

You've raised a good point about page revision but please be informed that WPML does not provide any feature to manage or synchronize page revisions. If you compare the number of revisions for the default page and the translated page, you will see that they are not the same. Hope you can understand.

However, I tested the pages you shared in the last response on incognito mode and noticed that the translated page contents aren't getting replaced by default contents if any changes are made to the default page. As you've mentioned that you tested the issue after a certain time, I also did the same but the issue is no longer happening on that page.

Kindly check this video that I made while testing: hidden link

Maybe the changes you've made solved the issue? I also have disabled the lazy loading for the banner from the theme configuration. Can you please check again and let me know the update?

We will be happy to assist you if further assistance is needed in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 4, 2023 at 7:20 am #13396761

walter-arielM

Hello there,

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I think this should be debugged with a developer tool to see what is happening with each "save page" action. Otherwise we will continue wasting time here.
Let me know.

April 4, 2023 at 12:43 pm #13399897

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thanks for patiently trying out every suggestion. Our 2nd tier team has already started inspecting the issue.

At this point, they need to check what happens in an updated environment. So, would you please update the following on your staging site and let us know once it is done?

1) PHP version to 7.4
2) MySQL version 5.6 per above
3) Flatsome parent theme to its latest version 3.16.8 (Please note that the Flatsome developers had made some adjustments in the updated version of the theme.)

Regarding 1&2, you can reach out to the server or hosting administrator and ask them to update accordingly. Make sure to take a backup before that.

And for the 3rd point, you can download the latest version of the WPML from your ThemeForest account if you have purchased from there.

Please check if you're still having the issue after making the updates. Rest assured that our team is checking the issue with high priority. We will wait for your updates.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.