Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translations stuck in In Progress or Updating

Solution: It looks like a conflict in the current translation job and works as expected after the following steps. This is the correct workflow for translation. Refer to this article for more details https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

1) Visit WPML>>Translation Management Dashboard
2) Choose the *Contactez-nous* page
3) Send it to Translation Basket
4) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Basket
5) Send it for translation with the *Frist available* option of Translators
6) Visit WPML>>Translations queue and translate the page by clicking the *Translate* button

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translations-stuck-in-in-progress-or-updating/#post-11388127

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamiL 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 31, 2022 at 6:12 pm #11356385

jamiL

I am trying to correct some existing translations following comments. I went into the translations, did the changes and completed the translation, but the translation status stays in "updating". Then, when I reload the page this switch to "In Progress". When I edit those translations I see the changes I did are still there, but when I go to the live site the changes do not appear.

wpml2.jpg
wpml.jpg
June 1, 2022 at 6:07 pm #11365267

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please visit WPML>>Support>>Advanced Translation Editor>>Error Logs and check it is showing any entries while you having this issue.

Please upgrade to latest version of WordPress(6.0) and WPML(4.5.8) series after a full site backup{mandatory} and check is there any difference in the result.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 2, 2022 at 2:02 pm #11374067

jamiL

Hi, I updated WP and WPML to the latest version and the problem is gone (not sure if it was gone on its own before updating or not but still good news).

I checked the error logs and it seems there were no errors on may 31st when I logged this issue.

I went ahead and did a test and added a new string to an existing page, just to be sure the translation is working as intended. After saving the page, when I go to the Pages page, I do not see the icon that says the page translation needs to be updated. I then tried to create a new translation job for the page and it was set to Completed automatically, so I am not able to translate the new string.

screencapture-setpad-ca-wp-admin-admin-php-2022-06-02-09_54_08.png
June 3, 2022 at 6:52 am #11379495

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. This needs further checking. So a couple of requests.

a) Please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site

b) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 4, 2022 at 3:04 pm #11388127

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. It works as expected for me after the following steps.

) Visit WPML>>Translation Management Dashboard
2) Choose the *Contactez-nous* page
3) Send it to Translation Basket
4) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Basket
5) Send it for translation with the *Frist available* option of Translators
6) Visit WPML>>Translations queue and translate the page by clicking the *Translate* button

But somehow it is not showing the *Needs Update* icon after making changes from the Elementor Editor screen. It may be because of the older versions of the plugins(especially the Elementor ones). So please upgrade to the latest versions after a full site backup{mandatory} and check is there any difference in the result.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2022-06-04_20-27-34.png
2022-06-04_20-26-23.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.