Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by SpokenHere 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
October 12, 2022 at 2:54 pm #12228037

SpokenHere

We have a client that wants to translate their site into Amharic. I don't see that in the list of supported languages. Could we choose a different, rare language and process it under that?

October 12, 2022 at 3:02 pm #12228171

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

We can add as many custom languages as you wish in WPML.

Please read more here :
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/editing-wpmls-languages-table/

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

October 12, 2022 at 3:05 pm #12228195

SpokenHere

Sorry Andreas...I wasn't clear evidently. I am talking about the ADMIN hub...there is no listing for Amharic, letting our clients know we support that language.

Screenshot 2022-10-12 100603.jpg
October 12, 2022 at 3:21 pm #12228363

Andreas

Thank you for your message.

Now it is clear.

I would like you to give me some time to investigate further and I will come back to you have I am having news

Thank you

October 13, 2022 at 9:00 am #12233577

Andreas

Hello and thank you for the delay.

I have checked with our team and the language you are looking for is on the list, you can check the attachment.

If you are not looking for this one and it is something else, please give me more details about the language code ISO etc

Regards,
Andreas

Amharic.png
October 13, 2022 at 5:01 pm #12237831

SpokenHere

Not sure why I didn't see that before!!! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.