Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.36 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
April 28, 2022 at 2:54 pm #11115733

aniqued

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have a few products, which had first connect to one category. But right now it is connected to two categories. How can we update this also for the translated product?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

April 29, 2022 at 10:17 am #11121613

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've tried to open this link hidden link but it's redirecting me to hidden link .

I'd like you to know that every time you added or removed a "Product Category" in the Product's main language, it will show that you're required to "update" the translations for other languages. Once you updated it, the new "Product Category" will be added to the translated product.

Is this not working on your end? If you would like me to troubleshoot this further for you, please share temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible, to better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

IMPORTANT: Please, note that a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] Update categories for translation’ is closed to new replies.