Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
June 17, 2023 at 9:35 am #13843525

Vitaio

I am trying to: show my variations on the secondary languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: there is no variatons here: hidden link

I expected to see: the variations that I see in the primary language page: hidden link

June 18, 2023 at 1:07 pm #13845697

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

I have visited your site and it seems the same variations are showing in both languages as you can see in the attached screenshots. Could you please try to clear your browser cache or please let me know if I missed something?

Thank you

sv- variation.png
default variation.png
June 19, 2023 at 7:34 am #13847679

Vitaio

Hi Noman,

When I translated the product in secondary language the variations didn't show up. I went through all the troubleshooting steps in WPML but the variations still missed.

After I added the variations manually to the secondary language, it worked.

It is not the first time, so I would like to know what causes the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

June 19, 2023 at 8:36 am #13848933

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Can you please clarify what you me by: "After I added the variations manually to the secondary language, it worked."

It should not be possible for you to add variations manually to 2nd language, as by default these fields are locked.

Thanks,
Drazen

June 19, 2023 at 11:39 am #13850923

Vitaio

Hi,

I have recorded a video about it, but this time it doesn't work with manual addition.

Can you check it please? hidden link

There is no any cache plugin on the site.

Here is a new example on the live site:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Thank you in advance.

June 19, 2023 at 12:05 pm #13851125

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

As I can see from the video, you have managed to reproduce with a new test product. If that is the case that is helpful.

Since I see you are also using a staging site, can you please try the next steps to check if some other plugin/code is causing issues:

1) Check if the issue happens when only WPML plugins and WooCommerce are activated, all other plugins are disabled?

2) Please change your theme to the WP default theme and check if the issue happens.

Please make a backup before proceeding.

Let me know.

Regards,
Drazen

June 19, 2023 at 2:09 pm #13852349

Vitaio

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the Yoast SEO causes the problem.

When I tranlaste a product and Yoast is active, than the variations are missing in the secondary language page. If I turn off the Yoast plugin, the variations are still missing.

When I translate a product and Yoast is deactivated, than the variations are visible in the secondary language page. If I turn on the Yoast plugin, the variations are still visible.

So it looks like the Yoast status only influences the variations when I am creating the product tranlations. After the product translation, Yoast has no influence on the variations.

Is there any settings or solution that solves the variation problem but I can keep both WPML and Yoast plugins?

Thank you in advance.

June 20, 2023 at 6:07 am #13855461

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and taking time to test.

1) Does the issue still happens when only WPML plugins, WooCommerce and Yoast activated, all other disabeld?

2) Yoast should work fine, with WPML. Please check and make sure you are using WPML SEO addon.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-seo/

Regards,
Drazen

June 20, 2023 at 11:05 am #13858581

Vitaio

Hi Drazen,

1) Yes, all other disabled.

2) WPML SEO is activated on the site.

The bug is still exists. I have recorded a video about it: hidden link.

June 20, 2023 at 1:03 pm #13859749

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.
If possible please provide access to the staging website, not production.

Please note, that I might need to do some debugging procedures like enable/disable plugins, switch themes, change the default language of the user account, and/or access your website database to debug the issue furtherly.

I will share with you any changes or steps done in this process. Please let me know if you do not agree with the above or if I do not have your permission for any.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account, if possible.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a new user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Regards,
Drazen

June 21, 2023 at 6:33 am #13864187

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I checked and it seems the issue is caused by Object cache, which is kind of expected. I recommend you disable it, do the all translation, and then enable it back when all translations are done.

It should be just fine, I tested and variations show up:

- hidden link

Regards,
Drazen

June 21, 2023 at 10:46 am #13866929

Vitaio

Hi Drazen,

Thank you for your reply.

Where can I find the object cache that I should disable?

June 21, 2023 at 11:10 am #13867135

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

it is coming from must use plugin, and you can find the options from WordPress Settings Menu > Object cache.

hidden link

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.