Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by jasonB-19 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
November 16, 2022 at 2:36 pm

jasonB-19

We added two new languages to our website, French and Portuguese, in addition to the others we already support. In Pages, when I tap the + button to translate the new page, it brings up the translator as we are used to and everything seems to be fine. However, when I view the page itself, it's basically blank.
Sorry I meant to add more details. I saw another ticket here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/white-pages-for-visitors-with-php-8-1-and-wpml-activated/) which seemed to have the same issue as me, but it was resolved w/o giving a reason why.

I am running PHP 8.1 on this server and we do have the latest production version of the plugins.

November 16, 2022 at 3:25 pm
November 16, 2022 at 3:31 pm #12474641

jasonB-19

I loaded the website to my local machine. This is one of the pages that was giving us an error on the staging site. It's still giving us an error here, but at least we can see the error on the top and we can see the page being rendered.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 7.29.07 AM.png
November 16, 2022 at 7:20 pm #12476193

jasonB-19

The issue is resolved. We are using the Genesis theme and for the two new languages we added, we did not add the logo to the corresponding header in each language. Once we did that, the pages rendered just fine.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.