Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
August 10, 2022 at 7:20 am #11837947

alesj

Hello,
we have a problem with our site easycargo3d.com. We can't assign to post in romanian language categories. In DB it seems to be ok but in admin and frontend it doesn't work.

Can you please help us with the problem. We spent lot of time to fix it but we can't fint a solution.

David Kalla

August 10, 2022 at 4:54 pm #11844461

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I have tried basic troubleshooting steps but none of them worked so far, Romanian language categories break again when I reload the page. Now I need to check this issue in the minimal environment by deactivating all plugins except WPML and with a default WP theme like Twenty Twenty. So, I need your permission before I can do that, can you please confirm the following two things?

1. Please make sure you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restoration.

2. I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

August 11, 2022 at 4:21 am #11847097

alesj

1. Hi, the backup is done.
2. Ok

August 11, 2022 at 12:52 pm #11850253

alesj

Hi, can you please stop working on the problem now? We will create for you development version of site, because client is unhappy with solving problem on live version. We will send you tomorrow acces to development site.

August 11, 2022 at 1:10 pm #11850355

Noman
Supporter

Okay sure, I have enabled a private input box for your next reply to share staging/test site credentials to debug this issue.

Thank you

August 15, 2022 at 7:00 am #11865155

alesj

Hello,

so we prepared the development website.

Can you please check it here hidden link.

Access is the same.

David Kalla

August 15, 2022 at 5:08 pm #11868287

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for providing the development site access. I have logged in to the test site and tried troubleshooting options from WPML >> Support page and it seems all taxonomy terms are working correctly in the Romanian language except the Blog term which seems corrupted somehow.

Can you please try to create a new Blog term in the default English language and translate it to secondary languages and see if this resolves your issue?

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.