Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulM-51 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 14, 2022 at 10:52 pm #11461725

paulM-51

We have a widget on our header that includes a google translate menu for languages we don't have manual translations for. The issue is, if we switch to either of the two extra languages we have set up in WPML (French and Arabic), that widget doesn't show up. It shows up fine in English, the primary language, just not on any of the ones added via WPML. I've tested disabling all other plugins to check for a conflict, but it didn't help. Any idea what might be going on there? I don't see any settings that would affect that sort of thing in WPML or anywhere else.

June 15, 2022 at 7:32 am #11463909

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I understand that you'd like to display a custom widget and it's only displayed on the primary language page.

I would need to investigate this further on your end. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible, to better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

IMPORTANT: Please, note that a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Also, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you and also, ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+?

Thanks!

Kor

June 16, 2022 at 5:22 pm #11479189

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your Website and I'm able to see the "Google Translate" dropdown menu in both Arabic and French Language as shown in the attached screenshot. Did you sort it out yourself? Or am I looking at the wrong module?

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 1.20.44 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 1.20.37 AM.jpeg
June 16, 2022 at 6:01 pm #11479327

paulM-51

It turns out deleting the widget and re-creating it solved the issue. Looks like we're all good now. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.