Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by chooseA 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
November 2, 2022 at 12:18 pm #12358251

chooseA

I'm trying to translate my WordPress widgets (that contains only html links) for the secondary language (English) without using the String translation (where I cannot managed to scan for widget content).
Unfortunately, when I change and paste the translated html content into the secondary (English) language - the primary language not separate itself and showing up as empty on the front-end.

Widget html example:
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">Immediate Intervention Service</p></a>
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">You smell gas?</p></a>
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">Natural Gas Safety at Home</p></a>
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">About the Environment</p></a>
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">Good Function and Maintenance</p></a>
<a href="hidden link"><p class="menuitemsw">Correct Isolation and Installation Reactivation</p></a>

How can I insert my widget html translations?

November 2, 2022 at 12:27 pm #12358365

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to my colleagues, I'm not sure if you had the chance to try this method, too:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#using-different-widgets-for-different-languages

It might help you accomplish your goal 🙂

This is my go-to method for translating widgets most of the time.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Mihai Apetrei

November 2, 2022 at 12:40 pm #12358595

chooseA

I'm doing exactly as described but with no luck.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 141224.png
November 2, 2022 at 1:39 pm #12359609

chooseA

How can I send the login credentials so you can take a look?

November 2, 2022 at 5:35 pm #12363513

chooseA

Is there anything that I can do so we can speed up the support process?

November 3, 2022 at 2:44 am #12366685

Kor
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

November 3, 2022 at 5:21 pm #12373437

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked and could you tell me where this "mega menu home 1" widget will appear on your Website?

Are you trying to create a navigation menu with mega menus?

Please briefly elaborate on what you're trying to achieve so I can assist you further with this.

Thanks!

Kor

November 3, 2022 at 5:34 pm #12373599

chooseA

Hi,
Yes, I'm already using mega-menus with HTML widgets as you can see.
I want to translate this HTML widget to my secondary language (English).

November 3, 2022 at 5:37 pm #12373621

chooseA

you can see the mega-menu in the inner pages: like hidden link
or in english: hidden link
when I insert the translated HTML code to the English part the Greek part showing blank and the same back: when I'm inserting the Greek translated HTML code into the widget, the English is showing blank.

November 4, 2022 at 7:54 pm #12385613

chooseA

Hi,
Any update on the issue? Any suggestion I can try?

November 7, 2022 at 3:22 am #12394409

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the delay in response due to the weekends. I'm checking on this now and will come back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Kor

November 7, 2022 at 3:46 am #12394497

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. I've checked and I noticed you've not created a widget for your English menu as shown in this screen recording hidden link .

The "mega menu home 1" belongs to the "greek" Language. Try creating one for the English Language and assign it here hidden link

Could you give it a try?

Thanks!

Kor

November 7, 2022 at 9:03 am #12396429

chooseA

Hi,
I see you did not tried at all if the translation works and I starting to feel that you're kidding me and not reading the ticket history at all.
Yes, if the translated (to english) html is inserted on the English part, the Greek part will be invisible on the front-end and vice-versa. The widget translation is not capable to work for both languages.
I need solution ASAP. I'm very frustrated.

November 7, 2022 at 10:02 am #12397359

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the confusion. I've created a new widget called "mega menu home 1 en" for your English language and could you check now? Here is the screen recording hidden link .

You can edit the "mega menu home 1 en" for your English Language.

Thanks!

Kor

November 7, 2022 at 10:14 am #12397489

chooseA

It makes sense and I started to implement right away.
Can you check if the same applies to https://wpml.org/forums/topic/widget-translation-problems/ ?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.