Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The content of the shop page is translated but not the title, it shows the default language title in all languages.

Solution:
It looks like an issue with the way this page was translated. Please try the following steps after creating a full backup (Database and website):

1. Go to Pages > All Pages
2. Switch the admin Language from the top admin bar to English
3. Delete the translation of the shop page
4. Go to the trash page and delete it permanently
5. Repeat the above steps for the French and German translations of the shop page
6. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Status tab > WooCommerce Store Pages section
7. Click "Create the missing translations"

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
December 23, 2022 at 4:17 pm #12707481

arjanO

This is Winkel(SHOP) page in english version. Other content gets translated but Not the title.

Screenshot (263).png
December 25, 2022 at 2:34 pm #12711067

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I checked the site and I see that the Shop page title is not translated in all languages, not just English.

Please go to Pages > All Pages, click the pencil icon to edit the translation of Shop page and update the title (You need to repeat that for each language). After translating the title, complete the translation and check if the issue is resolved.

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_680.jpg
Screenshot_681.jpg
December 27, 2022 at 5:34 am #12716091

arjanO

It is already there. I have already translated the title for all languages. but It does not work.

Screenshot (265).png
Screenshot (264).png
December 27, 2022 at 8:57 am #12716579

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, then click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

❌ Make sure that you have a full database and website backup before trying the above steps ❌

December 27, 2022 at 9:55 am #12716851

arjanO

Sorry, This solution does not work. Same issue is there with one page only.

December 27, 2022 at 11:05 am #12717237

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Please try the following steps:

- Edit the page in the default language
- Make a change to the title (You can undo the change later)
- Update the page
- Update the translations then check if the issue is resolved

If that didn't help, check again in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins except the WPML plugins + Woocommerce.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

Let me know please how it goes.

December 27, 2022 at 12:37 pm #12717805

arjanO

No - This solution does not work.

December 27, 2022 at 12:44 pm #12717833

Mohamed Sayed

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

December 27, 2022 at 4:20 pm #12718565

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

It looks like an issue with the way you created those translations. Please try the following steps:

1. Go to Pages > All Pages
2. Switch the admin Language from the top admin bar to English
3. Delete the translation of the shop page
4. Go to the trash page and delete it permanently
5. Repeat the above steps for the French and German translations of the shop page
6. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Status tab > WooCommerce Store Pages section
7. Click "Create the missing translations"

After that, you will see the title translated on the front end. Please check the following recording which shows the issue fixed on the local copy of the site: hidden link

Regards,
Mohamed

December 28, 2022 at 8:17 am #12721259

arjanO

That is awesome. It works perfectly. Really Thank you very much!

December 28, 2022 at 10:01 am #12721755

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or issues, we will be always happy to help.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.