Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
September 19, 2023 at 11:00 am #14418839

aigarsM

Hello,

Recently, I enabled the automatic translation feature in WPML. However, some ACF fields are not being translated as expected. Specifically, I read that to translate an ACF link field, I need to set it to "copy." Doing so successfully translates the link (for example, from hidden link to hidden link). Unfortunately, I can't get the "URL" field to behave the same way.
Additionally, if I place an ACF link field inside a repeater field, the link also fails to translate. I've tried altering the translation settings for the repeater fields to "Copy once," "Translate," and "Copy." I've also experimented with changing the translation options for the URL and Link fields, but unfortunately, none of these adjustments have been successful.

I've attached some images to demonstrate the issue. These images show ACF test fields in the original language (LV) and how they appear in other languages (EN).

I would appreciate it if you could help me determine whether this issue is due to my configuration or if it's possibly a bug.

Thank you.

mixmax-wpml-auto-translate_2.jpg
mixmax-wpml-auto-translate_1.jpg
September 20, 2023 at 3:23 am #14425915

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

The Link field is a little different from the URL field. It works like an object/relation field so its URL is adjusted automatically by WPML.
The URL field works like a text field and you should set the field preference to "Translate" and translate it manually in the Advanced Translation Editor. And do the same steps for the subfields in the Repeater field.

To translate the URL in the Advanced Translation Editor, please follow the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/

You can test this again on the sandbox site hidden link

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

September 20, 2023 at 8:52 am #14427767

aigarsM

Got it. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.