Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
February 19, 2024 at 9:41 pm #15320164

georgeN-5

I am trying to: Make a small edit via Elementor because the Theme doesn't support WPML and it causes elementor not to save.. Here's a screencast of the issue

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:be able to save

Instead, I got: It never saves

February 19, 2024 at 9:53 pm #15320197

georgeN-5

screencast = hidden link

February 20, 2024 at 9:49 am #15321465

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching us. I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

February 20, 2024 at 10:09 am #15321541

georgeN-5

you have consent to do what you need you do

February 20, 2024 at 5:17 pm #15324219

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

The problem continues despite deactivating the majority of plugins, leaving only Elementor and the theme's plugin active.

I've created a sandbox site at this link hidden link to try to reproduce the issue, but everything appears to be functioning correctly. Could you please review it to confirm if I missed any steps in replicating the problem?

February 20, 2024 at 7:42 pm #15324633

georgeN-5

I am unsure what you need me to check in the sandbox site. You don't have my content so not sure what there's to check. if you go to hidden link it won't save. that the only thing I can say. Maybe this iwll help you out if I duplicate the problem page it does save but that is annoying because that mean I need to duplicate each problematic page and retranslate it again I am trying to avoid duplication

February 20, 2024 at 8:07 pm #15324666

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but in order to proceed with troubleshooting, we kindly request a site snapshot. Alternatively, with your permission, we can create a snapshot on our own.

For this purpose, we typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you are already familiar with how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To assist you further, please follow these instructions:
Watch the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

Refer to the instructions provided by WPML on how to provide supporters a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the archive file exceeds 400MB in size, please utilize Duplicator's file filters to exclude the cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file, please share the link with us. You can use services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar platforms as the snapshot file will likely be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the link to the file there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

February 22, 2024 at 4:54 pm #15334978

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

Please allow me to escalate this further to our 2nd Tier Support for further investigation. I will come back to you once I've feedback.

February 24, 2024 at 9:31 am #15340048

georgeN-5

No problem go ahead

March 3, 2024 at 5:14 pm #15367080

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Our second-tier support checked, and it seems to have some server issues as shown in the attached screenshot. Please check with your hosting provider to see if they check on the admin ajax gateway timeout 504 issue.

To replicate, open this page hidden link and also the Chrome browser console developer tool, then check the network tab.

image.png

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml is causing an issue that doesn't allow Elementor to save’ is closed to new replies.