Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
March 11, 2023 at 10:21 pm #13223755

jeroenV-58

The page hidden link is redirecting to the page hidden link but I can not find this redirect.

All redirect tester showing it's WPML, I'll check if I can find where this is added. If not, you can open a ticket with them.

Some other redirects that shouldn't happen:
hidden link --> Goes to hidden link but shouldn't
hidden link ---> When visiting it redirects to hidden link (there is 2 times the word "seo-tools" in the permalink structure)
hidden link --> Weirdly redirects to hidden link

Somewhere in the site are redirect setup up that we no longer can access via a plugin (Yoast we used earlier or Smartercrawl which we use now), but they still exist. Could you try finding them?

image.png
March 12, 2023 at 5:39 am #13224763

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to one of my colleagues, I will try to help.

From what I can see, you have the "Redirection" plugin installed so you might want to check that area in the backend as I think that's where these redirects are set.

Please let us know how that goes.

Mihai Apetrei

March 12, 2023 at 8:37 am #13225005

jeroenV-58

Hi,
I didn't see /seo in redirects. That's the first place I look before doing the https status.
Please check my screenshot I attached.
It's obviously WPML related?
(note: I never set up WPML to redirect my pages but still this is what seems to happen now).
Thanks

March 13, 2023 at 11:27 am #13231035

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

Thanks for explaining the issue briefly. While inspecting the links in Chrome Dev Tools and ServiceWorkers, I noticed 301 redirections which are initiated by a script named pwa-sw.js. Kindly check this screenshot(hidden link) for a better understanding.

Upon conducting further research, I found that this particular script is associated with a plugin named "PWA for WP". Could you please check if there are any redirection rules within the plugin? If you found any, kindly remove the redirections and also disable such redirections inside the plugin. I hope it will help.

In addition, I observed that several important JavaScript files, including pwa-sw.js, are being loaded from the WPMU CDN. So, it will be better if you could check by clearing the CDN caches as well.

Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.