Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mehoM 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 6, 2022 at 8:01 pm #11398751

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there. Thank you for the confirmation and approval.

I can see that you are using some dev/beta versions of Elementor.

Can you please let me know if you were using those before, too?

Did you ever try this with the normal version, too?

I thought I would ask before getting into deeper-level debugging.

Please let me know.

Mihai

June 7, 2022 at 7:54 am #11401187

mehoM

Hi Mihai,

Dev / beta versions were active before the problem occurred. I did not return to the normal/stable version because some of the pages were made with "Flexbox Container" (Create advanced layouts and responsive designs with the new Flexbox Container element. This experiment replaces the current section/column structure, but you'll still keep your existing Sections, Inner Sections, and Columns and be able to edit them.).

I think if I go back to the normal version of that site it won't work because it doesn't recognize the "Flexbox Container".

If I understood you correctly, you now have an identical site with you, maybe you should try and turn off the beta version and see if the translation problem is solved. If so then wpml is not compatible with the Elementor Flexbox Container.

Regards

June 7, 2022 at 7:21 pm #11407171

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the update. Just wanted to check on that first.

I can confirm that the website has been duplicated and I am currently in the debugging process.

If nothing that I will try works, I will escalate this further to our developers.

I will keep you up to date as soon as I have any news.

Thank you for your amazing patience throughout the debugging process.

Mihai

June 8, 2022 at 7:13 pm #11417821

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I can confirm that the issue was recreated in a testing environment and I was not able to fix it no matter what I tried.

I escalated this straight to our dev team and I am looking forward to hearing from them.

As soon as I have any updates, I will get back to you.

Thank you for your amazing patience once again.

Mihai

June 9, 2022 at 7:54 am #11420953

mehoM

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the feedback, I sincerely hope that a solution to the problem will be found as soon as possible.

Regards

June 9, 2022 at 5:18 pm #11427259

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there. I'm back 🙂

It seems that the plugin that you are using for the Elementor Timeline Styling comes with Custom Elementor Widgets that WPML doesn't recognize on its own so we need to create a custom XML code in order for WPML to see the content from those custom fields.

So I had to go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration > and add the following code, then save:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="timeline-widget-addon">
      <fields-in-item items_of="twae_list">
        <field type="twae_story_title" editor_type="LINE">twae_story_title</field>
        <field type="twae_description" editor_type="VISUAL">twae_description</field>
        <field type="twae_year" editor_type="LINE">twae_year</field>
        <field type="twae_date_label" editor_type="LINE">twae_date_label</field>
        <field type="twae_extra_label" editor_type="LINE">twae_extra_label</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

After I did this, I went to the default language and made a small edit (removed an extra spacing for example) and then saved, and this is what tells WPML that there has been a modification on the default language so it sets the translation into the "Translation needs update" status.

After that, I went to the translation edit page, the fields were now recognized by WPML, automatically translated, and then I saved.

The content is now correctly showing up in EN:
hidden link

I'm happy to see this resolved 🙂

Have an amazing rest of the day.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.