Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
November 21, 2023 at 9:42 am #14884675

edwinO-3

Hi,

we would like the contents of the cart retained when a user/customer switches language.

I found that there used to be a setting for that, but I can't find it.

I found this on your website:

"Cart options
To set the cart options when a language or currency changes, go to the WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual page and click the Settings tab. There, look for the Cart section."

I can't find that section on the settings page. Where did it go?

Edwin

November 22, 2023 at 12:21 pm #14897403

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Edwin,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

Please be informed that the Settings to Synchronize the cart contents should be available at "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings ↳ Cart". If these options are not visible to you, that would be quite unusual.

Could you please check and confirm that you're using the latest version of WooCommerce Multilingual(5.2.1) on your site?

If you're using the latest version but still don't see the option to adjust the Cart settings, a closer inspection will be required to understand the root cause.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.