Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thibaultG 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
July 4, 2023 at 9:45 am #13939135

thibaultG

Hi,

When accessing a password protected page (woocommerce), it leads to an ERROR 404 when the page is in a translated language.
No error with default language.

I can provide you an URL in private.

Thank you,

July 4, 2023 at 10:42 am #13939893

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Please share screenshots or screen-recorded videos while reproducing the issue to help me understand it better.

Also, following these steps, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS.
2- Switch to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which one is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Thanks,
Osama

July 4, 2023 at 10:50 am #13939949

thibaultG

Please enable PRIVATE answer. We want to hide our informations. thank you

July 4, 2023 at 10:51 am #13939957

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Your next reply will be private.

July 4, 2023 at 11:07 am #13940155

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the video. I tried replicating the issue on a fresh installation, but the password-protected product worked correctly.

Kindly check the following product. (hidden link)
Password: wpml

You can login to this test site using the following URL. (hidden link)

Please try to replicate the issue on the sandbox site and let me know if it's replicable.

Best regards,
Osama

July 4, 2023 at 11:08 am #13940167

thibaultG

I'm not sure how I can replicate such issue. Do you have any suggestion on what to check / reset in WPML settings? That would be best.

Thank you

July 4, 2023 at 11:12 am #13940175

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Please test the issue on your site after deactivating your plugins except for the active plugins on the sandbox.

If that didn't help, please create a new test product/page and check if the same issue will persist.

2) If the issue persists on a new page, I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to deactivate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

July 4, 2023 at 11:32 am #13940397

thibaultG

I got it fixed by following the guide here about NGINX server (bottom page): https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-wordpress-login-and-registration-pages/

July 4, 2023 at 11:36 am #13940409

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

It's great that the issue is fixed now.🙂 Please don't hesitate to open a new ticket if you face any other issues. We are always happy to help you.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

July 4, 2023 at 11:39 am #13940489

thibaultG

Yes and now you know how to solve this even quicker 🙂 Because in my screencast you can see NGINX server. Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.