Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have a query string such as ?pay_for_order=true on my URL in the original language. That query string gets lost when checking the translated page.

Solution:

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Language switcher options".

- Click the "Preserve URL arguments" link and add "pay_for_order" (without the quotes) in the input box and click outside of the input box to save.

- Change "pay_for_order" with the query string that you have in your use case.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thibaultG 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
August 19, 2022 at 3:31 pm #11894645

thibaultG

In woocommerce, with admin manually created order there is a bug in the payment page when the language is switched.

August 21, 2022 at 4:33 am #11899361

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Would you please kindly do as follows?

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Language switcher options".
- Click the "Preserve URL arguments" link and add "pay_for_order" (without the quotes) in the input box and click outside of the input box to save. (check screenshot)
- See if it fixes the issue.

If not, I'd appreciate it if you can replicate the issue on a clean installation below so we can report this and see what the second-tier support will say:

hidden link

pay.png
August 21, 2022 at 5:16 am #11899397

thibaultG

Hi, The Preserve URL setting with corresponding argument worked. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.