Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 2, 2022 at 8:11 am #12353485

pierS-2

Hi

we are facing a permanent fatal error with WPML string translator active

November 2, 2022 at 8:29 am #12353765

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Do you see the error after updating WordPress to version 6.1?

WP 6.1 introduces breaking changes that require updating WPML and String Translation before updating WordPress (see https://wpml.org/changelog/2022/10/wpml-4-5-12-updates-for-wordpress-6-1/).

Please update both to WPML (4.5.12) and String Translation (3.2.3). (If necessary, from the commercial tab of the Add New plugins page—which takes you to the custom WPML installer—click Check for Updates to see the current versions).

If you cannot access the site because of the fatal error, you may need to use FTP to change the String Translation plugin folder name, which will deactivate it (see hidden link). You can then delete it from the plugins page and reinstall it (with the latest version).

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

November 2, 2022 at 8:58 am #12354331

pierS-2

the footer widgets disappeaed now.... I can see the widget in the string translator but please let me know how we can add these again in the widget blocks based on the existing string translator

November 2, 2022 at 11:03 am #12356677

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I see the footer widgets in all the translation languages, only the default one is not showing them. Please see here: hidden link

Could you please try to resave the widget blocks then clear the cache and check again?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.