Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.39 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 10, 2023 at 6:47 pm #14009073

steveK-13

Hi there,

The website is hidden link (pswd: kullus321) and I want to know how to change/find the redirection links, example here hidden link and that "Registreeru nüüd" link.

WPML.png
July 10, 2023 at 8:36 pm #14009311

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

How is this link created?

go to WPML->String Translation-> search for the URL-> are you able to locate it?

WPML it self does not have a feature where you could add such a redirection, therefore we have to understand what might be adding the redirection at the end of the URL.

July 11, 2023 at 1:14 pm #14015407

steveK-13

The link is created, probably, through Tutor LMS plugin.

I tried to search the link, but I could not find it. Can I give WP access and maybe you can look or its available forum here?

July 11, 2023 at 8:05 pm #14017945

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 13, 2023 at 2:37 pm #14034187

steveK-13

Hi there,

Did you got my last private reply?

July 13, 2023 at 7:14 pm #14035801

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

I was able to locate how this is caused.

The following is the 302 redirect added by WordPress

hidden link

HTTP/2 302
x-powered-by: PHP/8.0.29
content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
cache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0
x-redirect-by: WordPress
content-length: 0
date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:37:31 GMT
server: LiteSpeed
x-turbo-charged-by: LiteSpeed

hidden link

------------------------------------------------------

When WPML String Translation is deactivated the link points to hidden link
which is correct but it's the default language version.

When WPML String Translation is activated it points to hidden link which looks like it has that 302 redirect.

hidden link

What are your results if you change it to the following URL?:

hidden link

In the backend where can you control the link of the button?

July 13, 2023 at 7:16 pm #14035803

Bobby
Supporter

Review the string translation results here as there are multiple entries with mixed translations

hidden link

July 14, 2023 at 1:39 pm #14040111

steveK-13

Thank you for your reply.

You said like that:
hidden link

What are your results if you change it to the following URL?:

hidden link

I can't locate that link in WPML:
hidden link

P.S. I also looked/changed the URLs here hidden link
but thats not the right place.

July 17, 2023 at 6:16 pm #14052585

Bobby
Supporter

I have created a sandbox environment for us to further investigate this as I am not able to locate what is causing this URL to change when WPML String Translation is enabled.

If possible login to the following sandbox environment -> upload Tutor Lms and let me know if you are able to reproduce this behavior with a minimal environment in the sandbox.

hidden link

Note: I did try reproducing the issue on a local environment but I was not able to & the Elementor page builder seems like it's having some trouble opening the page in your environment to investigate the page build as well.

Let me know your results, please.

July 19, 2023 at 1:26 pm #14066449

steveK-13

Hi there and thank you for your reply.

I already figured out the above problem ... seems that web programmer changed that link directly from system.

I have 2 more questions:
1. How do change some system language notification, see the attachment file 1 and 2.
If needed to see the image 2, then need to log in firstly hidden link ( student / parool ). Its just a test account, feel free to try things inside that account.

2. I cant find how to change the "Forgot password" links on here hidden link Seems that English and Eesti language only works, others not.

3.png
2.png
1.png
July 20, 2023 at 8:57 pm #14075111

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear that the original issue of this thread has been resolved!

We try to keep each ticket to a minimum of one issue, therefore we might need to split each one of these issues into its own thread.

How is the page "retrieve-password" created? I am not able to find a page or an area to create it in the backend.

How is this message created?

For the Your submission was successful. message I can see it exists in String Transaltion and has now been translated. is that part of Tutor LMS or custom text created from the page builder or a third party plugin?

July 28, 2023 at 2:52 pm #14118165

steveK-13

#1 It's created, I think, through that Tutor LMS plugin.

#2 Yes, it exists in String Translations and its translated, but translations wont show up.
Its contact form on the main page hidden link

July 28, 2023 at 2:55 pm #14118175

steveK-13

#3 The uploaded image is through Tutor LMS plugin, but why I cant find the string translations for that text?

11111111111.png
July 29, 2023 at 6:18 am #14120507

Bobby
Supporter

For a string to be picked up by String Translation it needs to be wrapped in a gettext() call

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/#wrapping-basic-strings

I recommend contacting Tutor LMS and verifying with their team if these strings are ready to be translated.

Also, please update the password as I am no longer able to test the backend. (you can update the previous private reply)

July 29, 2023 at 12:58 pm #14121377

steveK-13

Thank you for your reply.

I will ask that from Tutor LMS plugin support, but what about these contact form translations? I think that these could be translatable with WPML. I updated the WP login pswd.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.