Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steveK-13 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
March 8, 2023 at 3:44 pm #13200339

steveK-13

Hi,

Would like to show language switcher without languages flags, how can do it? On desktop all ok, but don´t know how to accomplish same result on phone.

hidden link

mobile.jpg
desktop.jpg
March 8, 2023 at 4:00 pm #13200505

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

1) In order to expedite handling your support requests, can you please share WPML support debug information from your site.

- To give debug information, login to your site and go to WPML → Support. From there click on the “debug information” link at the bottom of the page.
- Once on the “debug information” page, select the entire content of the text box and copy it.
- Now go back to our support forum, find debug information box and paste it.

More information on the link: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2) May I ask you to describe exactly how you implement the language swither because in mobile I can see custom DOM and not the default one.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Andreas

March 8, 2023 at 5:09 pm #13200903

steveK-13

Hello,

1. Added debug info

2. On mobile I believe Betheme default setting, can I change it wth css or with some other method?

March 9, 2023 at 9:01 am #13204769

Andreas

Thank you for the clarification.

Betheme had its own settings for WPML. You can read more here :

hidden link

So if something from the above settings is not working for you, I would suggest contacting their support in order to guide you in their theme and what needs to be changed.

Other than that, if you wish to add your own functionality, you can always put your custom language swither in any place you wish, please read more here :

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/custom-language-switcher/

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.