Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing an issue where clicking the "Overwrite with English content" button on your pages does nothing and the loading wheel just keeps spinning, this could be due to a plugin conflict, particularly with the 'PublishPress Authors' plugin.
Solution:
We recommend conducting a plugin conflict test to identify the problem. Here's how you can do it:
1. Deactivate all plugins except for WPML and its add-ons.
2. If the problem is resolved, reactivate the plugins one by one, refreshing the page after each activation to see if the issue reappears.
3. If the issue persists, open the Browser console after clicking on "Overwrite with English content" and check for errors. You can find a guide on how to access the browser console here.
4. Share any errors you find with us for further assistance.
If you have identified that the 'PublishPress Authors' plugin is causing the issue, we recommend reaching out to their support team for assistance, as it is currently not compatible with WPML according to our Plugin Compatibility page.

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues on our Known Issues page, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need help, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
February 15, 2024 at 6:51 pm #15309086

maxineE-2

Recently pages don't do anything when I click the "Overwrite with english content" button. The load wheel just keeps spinning and nothing happens. The button next to it "Copy content from english" works but not the other.

February 16, 2024 at 12:33 pm #15311598

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

It appears that the content overwriting process is being interrupted by something on your site, which is mainly preventing its completion. This issue might be caused by a conflict among plugins. Could you please conduct a plugin conflict test on your site to identify the problem?

To proceed, please deactivate all plugins on your site, leaving only WPML and its add-ons active. If this action resolves the problem, please start activating the plugins one at a time. After activating each plugin, refresh the page and see if the issue returns. In this way, you'll be able to identify the specific plugin responsible for the problem.

But, if the issue persists even after that, please open the Browser console after clicking on "Overwrite with English content" and check if any error is showing in the console. If you find any, you can hover over to the file/link showing in the console to identify its source. Kindly copy the Errors from the console and share them in the next response. I will check and suggest to you what to do next.

To understand the process of accessing browser console, please check this guide: hidden link

Please let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

February 19, 2024 at 5:18 pm #15319677

maxineE-2

Thank you. I noticed it's this plugin. Think there's any way to resolve?
https://wpml.org/plugin/publishpress-authors/

February 20, 2024 at 8:28 am #15320885

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thank you for performing the conflict test and sharing the update.

As mentioned on the Plugin Compatibility page (https://wpml.org/plugin/publishpress-authors/), the "PublishPress Authors" plugin is not currently compatible with the WPML plugin. Since the issue resolves upon deactivating the plugin, it indicates that an element within "PublishPress Authors" plugin is disrupting WPML's normal operation. I recommend contacting the Support team of "PublishPress Authors" for further assistance. Please describe the issue to them and mention what resolves it. They might be able to provide more targeted advice regarding this situation.

I hope you can understand. If there is anything else you need help with, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

maxineE-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-21 13:09:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.