Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 10:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 18:00 – 19:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 8, 2023 at 5:02 pm #14171583

The J

I have set WPML->ACF Groups to NON Translatable, as suggested bu you.
I have activatee the addon "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual".

I have tried several options but I cannot translate the values of ACF Theme options fields.
When I translate them in one language, they get copied to the other language as well.
I dont care about labels, I dont need to translate them, only the values.

It's really confusing how to do this... interface should be really improved.

Please advise on how to set things up so that ACF options values are correctly translated into other languages.

August 9, 2023 at 6:58 am #14173047

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

1) Can you please share more info, like images of your ACF translation settings and mode? Also, what happens when you switch languages on the options page and try to save different values?

If you can provide a video, that would be helpful also.

2) You can try to change the mode for this group to Expert and set the correct translation settings for fields, for example for text field Translatable and etc.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/translating-the-acf-options-page-custom-fields-with-wpml/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

August 9, 2023 at 7:22 pm #14178097

The J

I have tried each of the 3 modes, including Expert.
There is absolutely no change. Values for different languages (changing language from the top bar, inside theme options page) get overwritten each time the other language values are saved.

If you activate the login info box, I'll give you credentials and you can check yourself. Much faster. It's a dev site, so you can do what you like on it.

August 10, 2023 at 6:03 am #14179179

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I will be helping you further on the issue. can you provide me the link to theme options so I can debug further?

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me with those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 10, 2023 at 3:13 pm #14183771

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I set the header_options group field to copy once.

I checked the code and find the following code on theme functions.php hidden link

add_filter( 'acf/settings/current_language',  '__return_false' );

I commented out the code and it's working, can I know why are you using this filter as it set the current_language field of current post to false?

Thanks

August 10, 2023 at 4:00 pm #14184195

The J

Might have been for testing purposes.

So without that filter, ACF in Expert mode, fields as Copy once, the values are correctly saved in backend for each language, correct?

What happens exactly, with the other 2 modes in ACF? it's not really clear the difference.

August 11, 2023 at 3:18 am #14185757

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, it works that way. Can you test it yourself and see if it helps?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] ACF Options Page – Cant translate values’ is closed to new replies.