Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the Contact Form on the Chinese (Simplified) page is displaying only the shortcode instead of the form itself, while other languages like Spanish are displaying correctly.
Solution:
1) We recommend checking the shortcode on the Chinese page using the WordPress editor. Compare it with the English version to ensure that the main shortcode strings have not been translated. If they have, replace them with the original English shortcode.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, please open a new support ticket. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can contact us directly at the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
May 22, 2024 at 1:19 pm #15658528

sagiS

I have sent Contact Form translation to the Blend Translator Team for the languages like Spanish, Korean, Japanese, French, Chinese (simplified) & Chinese (traditional).

All the respective pages are working fine but I am getting issue inside Chinese (Simplified). In this page it is only showing me the shortcode.
Screenshot : [ hidden link ]

But in Spanish language I can see the form and its working fine. [ hidden link ]

May 22, 2024 at 1:35 pm #15658660

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) It seems to be that there are strings that are translated when they shouldn't be.

Please edit the Chinese page using the WordPress editor, check the shortcode, and compare it to the English one.

The main shortcode strings shouldn't be translated, so please add them from the English shortcode.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me much information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

sagiS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-25 04:23:20.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.