Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to export string translations in three languages (Russian, English, and Hebrew) but was unable to export English strings.
Solution:
We explained that it is only possible to export strings and their translations into one language at a time. The original strings will be in the language that is set in the String Translation table, which does not necessarily have to be English. The client can then choose one language for the export/translation. Additionally, we clarified that if the strings have English set as their language, which is the default language for String Translation and applies to the majority of strings, they will be exported in English. The client can then select the translations they wish to include.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. If the provided solution does not resolve your issue, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 20, 2024 at 4:57 pm #15324198

leonidF

export string translathios in 3 languages
i need export po file with russian english and hebrew an icannot export its no give me english strings

February 20, 2024 at 5:09 pm #15324205

leonidF

# wpml-name: d8f350841172e17c12daffb141c8801c
msgid "Личный кабинет"
msgstr "איזור אישי"

# wpml-name: 3ec8027997c2c4042922d6e0b0d6e93f
msgid "к оплате"
msgstr "להשלמת הזמנה"

# wpml-name: 972f251a0919fa521db8c9b0d73c617f
msgid "E-mail*"
msgstr "*מספר טלפון"

# wpml-name: 2b6764613f6d0840ecfdf453014959e3
msgid "нет в наличии"
msgstr "חסר במלאי"

i see only 2 languages

February 21, 2024 at 7:57 pm #15330344

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me gather some more information with you.

Are you getting any errors? If you have your debug.log activated, you can check it there.

Also, please check this documentation and make sure the follow the steps described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-export-and-import/#different-export-import-methods-in-wordpress

February 22, 2024 at 1:29 pm #15333778

leonidF

i need assistance

February 22, 2024 at 2:31 pm #15334082

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

You can export strings and their translations into 1 language only. Originals will be in the language in which these are stored in String Translation table (doesn't have to be English) and you can choose 1 export/translation language.

only 1 translation.jpg
February 25, 2024 at 5:13 pm #15341634

leonidF

ok, so how to export english strings

February 26, 2024 at 6:34 am #15342271

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

The tool will export the strings in English if these have English language set for them, which is a case for probably 99% of the strings (as English is also String Translation default language).

And then you can choose which translations you also want.

english.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.