Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unsure whether they should translate LearnPress lessons and quizzes before translating the course, or if they could translate the course first and then the lessons/quizzes. They also asked if deleting a translated course and recreating it would automatically include all translated lessons/quizzes.
Solution:
We recommend translating LearnPress content based on hierarchy, meaning that items added later to a course should be translated first. Therefore, lessons and quizzes should be translated before the course itself. If a course is translated before its lessons and quizzes, the translated lessons and quizzes will need to be manually added to the course. However, if the course is translated first by mistake, deleting the translated course, emptying the Trash, and translating it again should include all the translated lessons and quizzes in the new course translation. We advise following this workflow:
1. Translate lessons and quizzes first.
2. Then translate the course.
3. If the course was translated first, delete the translated course and empty the Trash.
4. Translate the course again to include the translated lessons and quizzes.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we encourage you to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please contact us through the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 4, 2024 at 8:49 am #15368095

stephenH-20

LearnPress courses don't open in translated language

March 4, 2024 at 9:41 am #15368466

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Can I ask you to set one simple course and lesson here?
hidden link

And then translate and check if it works? Please install if something additional is needed, such as that WPML Add-On For LearnPress.

Let me know if you have questions!

March 5, 2024 at 2:51 am #15372478

stephenH-20

I created testing course, lesson and quiz. I can't view the course. What should I do next?
I don't know about installing other plugin, please help.

March 5, 2024 at 7:10 am #15372702

Bruno Kos
Supporter

This plugin:
hidden link

You already have it on your site, correct? It seems to be needed for this.

The error we want to fix is again visible on hidden link, correct? As it newer enrols for me either.

stops here.jpg
March 5, 2024 at 7:25 am #15372727

stephenH-20

I don't know if it's on the site. Please help me to check.

And I don't know if the error is visible on your sandbox site. They are two different sites with different behavior.

In my site when I start a course, it ask me to login or register an account. If I register a new account and enroll the course, then error occur.

But in your site, when I start a course, it redirect me to checkout and then place order.

March 5, 2024 at 7:33 am #15372776

stephenH-20

And I have another issue, I mistakenly activated the "Media Translation" feature. Can I cancel it? If not, we need to think about restoring a backup. If yes, we can go ahead fixing the current problem.

March 5, 2024 at 3:20 pm #15375248

Bruno Kos
Supporter

hidden link isn't on the sandbox, but your site has LearnPress - WPML 4.0.0 so you installed it.

Can you install it on sandbox as well?

I am not sure if the registration matters, but I do notice similar issue on sandbox as well. The translated course doesn't load either, so perhaps the underlying issue is the same.

March 6, 2024 at 3:03 am #15376887

stephenH-20

Please check if the installation is ok.

March 6, 2024 at 8:09 am #15377407

Bruno Kos
Supporter

If I am right about the cause of this on both your site and our sandbox, the reason for the issue is that this is missing on the translated courses, as visible on hidden link, so it can't load anything.

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

curriculum.jpg
March 6, 2024 at 8:16 am #15377517

stephenH-20

Yes I found that problem too.
I created translated content for all courses/lessons/quizzes/questions. But it seems that the course doesn't contain any lessons/quizzes, and quizzes doesn't contain any questions. All the things are separated individually. It means all courses content are not related correctly.

Next I tried to select item inside the course, to add the translated lessons into the course. However, I cannot selected the translated lesson. Please see the attached image. I cannot search it even I have this lesson translated. Please help.

2024-03-06 15_27_38-Window.png
March 6, 2024 at 8:18 am #15377565

stephenH-20

In the above screen capture. Left hand side is the English course content which are finished. Right hand side is the Chinese translated course, I want to add the lesson but the search result shows nothing.

March 6, 2024 at 9:09 am #15377994

Bruno Kos
Supporter

I will have to wait until our Compatibility team check this out, there is a lot behind the scenes of this plugin and will require debugging. To speed things up, you can also ask LearnPress about this, create a ticket in their forums as well.

March 7, 2024 at 3:22 am #15382009

stephenH-20

I asked LearnPress. And their response was WPML is not good for my case. Since I don't need translated content for courses, using WPML is too complicated. I'll have to manually create translated course content one by one.

March 7, 2024 at 12:33 pm #15384236

Bruno Kos
Supporter

I see, let me know if you need further input from our compatibility team, they haven't had a chance to check for it yet though.

March 11, 2024 at 2:16 am #15393051

stephenH-20

Yes, I need help to solve the problem.

stephenH-20 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-22 06:31:33.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.