Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.97 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
December 30, 2023 at 3:06 pm #15138126

holgerD-8

Hi, it becomes a running gag, but i won´t let go. Maybe one day Onthegosystems will recognize and accept this problem and finally solve it.

There is no way around. When admin language is fe DE and you trigger an email in the Backend, whatever the wpml_language meta field is saying (fe it) in regards to this order, emails will be send (sometimes) in the wrong language (DE) in woocommerce.

Any solutions, any ideas?

wpml support and me did many rounds in regards to this problem. It boils down to one point:

emails should be send according to "wpml_language" meta field in an order. They aren´t
How could onthegosystems solve this problem?

December 31, 2023 at 11:40 am #15138747

holgerD-8

EDIT: please check

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-and-woo-emails-the-never-ending-story/

first.

I don´t know why this thread is marked as solved (presumingly from me). It isn´t at all and i never marked it as solved.

January 2, 2024 at 7:05 am #15140282

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Holger,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

According to the ticket you shared, I understand there is an issue with the translation string in the email from the plugin Germanized for WooCommerce.
It could be a compatibility issue, please try to replicate it on a clean installation. You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:

- Don’t restore your site there.
- Install Germanized for WooCommerce plugin.
- Try to replicate the issue with minimal steps.
- Then let me know the steps to replicate it.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

January 2, 2024 at 1:27 pm #15143588

holgerD-8

Hi Long, it "happened again", more often, when i installed "gemanized pro" (wpml compatible). But it´s a general problem. The last mail (why i opened THIS ticket) happened on the Live Site with germanized (not pro).

Germanized behaves as any other plugin and do not seem to be the culprit. It just get worse because more strings are implemented in the emails (if the plugin uses hooks for emails)

In the last mail on the live site the whole standard woocommerce part (table of products, ecc) was in the wrong language.

So that we both are not going in circles, please presume it also happens when all plugins are deactivated.

To test this behavior is very complicated cause you need the "righ" setup, using different languages as customer and admin (FrontEnd, BackEnd) and have to trigger the mails in the BackEnd with a different language than the customer (it seems).

Unfortunately i do NOT KNOW what i have to do in detail to trigger the problem. Itamar was testing the staging site and it seems that he hasn´t found any problems. But the problem is there, trust me.

It doesn´t help to try to create the same problem on a fresh install.

It´s also not about strings per se (the are all translated). It´s about wpml is picking the wrong strings (wrong language) under certain circumstances.

As i learned over the months/years, wpml in general creates problems when your main Language isn´t EN.

So whats the easiest way to make you "see" the problem? I can give you access to the staging site and you could follow my explanations in the thread with Itamar? Maybe you can trigger at least one wrong email just to see the problem for once.

January 3, 2024 at 3:40 am #15145074

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I understand your situation but please bear with us, it is really difficult to troubleshoot and fix an issue that is not replicated with clear steps. The steps are important for us, we will know what options were running/triggered to find what caused the issue.

You can try again with only WPML plugins activated, and a default theme of WordPress, and other plugins activated one-by-one and see how it goes.

If you want to share the staging site credentials (wp-admin and FTP), please add them to your next reply. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Then please let me know the exact steps to "see" the issue, otherwise, I'm afraid that I cannot help too much.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

January 3, 2024 at 2:20 pm #15147186

holgerD-8

"Then please let me know the exact steps to "see" the issue, otherwise, I'm afraid that I cannot help too much."

well, as explained, i can´t

THIS problem you can find all over the net a hundredfold for many wpml users. For years!

onthegosystem can follow my pagelong explanations in the thread with Itamar to understand how to create the problem if interested to fix this. If you can´t help without a step-by-step-how-to i have to accept this.

January 4, 2024 at 2:17 am #15149033

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I will ask our 2nd tier support about this issue if you, at least, please share your staging site credentials (wp-admin and FTP), and one email that I can see the issue. You can use the mail logging plugin that Itamar shared (https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-log/).
Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

January 4, 2024 at 9:24 am #15149678

holgerD-8

Hi Long, the staging site is not uptodate anymore (i had to reset to an older state)
Can you keep this thread open and the next time i got the problem on the live site i will let you guys make a copy to test? Hopefully if it happens i can remember what where the steps (if there are any).

January 4, 2024 at 9:36 am #15149782

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Please update me here in two weeks if you have more information. Or you can open a new ticket, we are here to help you fix the issue.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Once again. Email languages in woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.