Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anniT 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
March 22, 2023 at 2:39 pm #13306383

anniT

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am translating from Finnish to English. I have translated the words but they don´t appear on front end. The words are realted with the articles.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have checked my previous ticket, since had a bit same problem but it don´t fix with that.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
This is the main page: hidden link and this the second hidden link

March 22, 2023 at 3:28 pm #13306755

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

As far as I can see the page is translated correctly

hidden link

hidden link

But on this page :

hidden link
hidden link

The Title and the excerpt are wrong. That page is an archive page that probably is coming from your theme.

As I can see you are using Elementor so probably you created a template for that page.

May I ask you to check our guide how you can translate templates with Elementor ?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

March 22, 2023 at 4:35 pm #13307437

anniT

Hi Andreas, thank you, that was a great instruction. I managed to do it. Almost. Then I lost my title of the article page. I realised that it was a "heading" in my tempalte and I changed it as a title widget. But now I can not see it anymore on the both pages. Any ideas, how I can translate the title, since it didn´t appear when I followed the previous instrucions.

March 23, 2023 at 9:51 am #13313383

Andreas

Thank you very much.

Can you please share with me what do you mean Widget Title ? Because this specific module might not be compatible with WPML and this is the reason you are having this.

Please share with me all the details of the template in the backend.

Regards,
Andreas

March 23, 2023 at 11:01 am #13314237

anniT

Yes, sure. I added two screenshot. Witkawood-Elementor-edit is the how I have generated the title in Elementor. The Witkawood-front shows how I can see it on the front. Actually, can´t see it. This third on is from WP and the original archive page. Actually, I don´t understand, why it brings the title called "archive" since the original page is in Finnish and the name is "Artikkelit".

Witkawood-front.png
Wordpress.png
Witkawood-Elementor-edit.png
March 23, 2023 at 11:35 am #13314615

Andreas

Thank you for the images.

I ahve checked :

hidden link

and

hidden link

I cannot see any kind of Title there.

So from my point of view is logical that you cannot see anything as a translation because also in the default language, there is nothing.

May I ask you to check again? If you fix the original language and the translation is not, we might need to check it. But in general the Title widget you showed me is ok( in terms of widget type) .

Regards,
Andreas

March 23, 2023 at 11:52 am #13314801

anniT

I changed the element in Elementor to be "normal title" and the followed the previous steps to translate the template. Now it worked out! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.